The List 7 Best Vacation Spots
by Lynzee Loveridge,
For those in school, the work year is drawing to a close before the much coveted summer vacation. It's unfortunate that a lot of vacation destinations require a hefty budget. If you're planning to stay in cause finances have got you down, why not check out these series with some awesome vacation spots?
7. Luna (The Count of Monte Cristo) This is how you do Carnival in 5053, with a float parade, masks, and costumes. Albert de Morcerf and Franz d'Epinay take their own vacation there and manage to get into all sorts of trouble. This definitely isn't a locale for a newbie tourist or someone with more money than sense. But if you can visit another planet for a few days and want to get really drunk and watch some fireworks, this is the place to go.
6. Asahigaoka (Non Non Biyori) Asahigaoka is located in the idyllic countryside, perfect for someone who wants to get away from it all and enjoy some peace and quiet away from the busy city. The town has beautiful areas to explore but not much to do as far as entertainment. It's a scenic spot for visitors who enjoy things like hiking and spotting wild tanuki.
5. Tenrei (Outlaw Star) If you're going to bother to go to an onsen (hot spring) why not venture to a planet terraformed to be exactly that? Tenrei is a major tourist attraction featuring Hagone Hot Springs World and Mount Nantai, the latter of which is inhabited only by women. Thanks to the planet's reputation, it's also a great place to meet a variety of aliens, too.
4. Edonis Country (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE) Edonis is the "Disneyland" of countries Syaoran and Co. visit in their travels. It's home to Fairy Park, a giant amusement park with roller coasters, Ferris Wheel, and other rides. There's also a thriving economy courtesy of Outo, with shops, cafes, and bars. When Syaoran and his crew visit, there's a lot of nasty demons running about, but they clear it up before departing.
3. Gourmet Casino (Toriko) The Gourmet Casino is like a Las Vegas where you can eat all your winnings. The town is roughly 404 square miles with the multilevel casino taking up 20 percent of the area. For gamblers, there's luxurious hotels and eateries to visit, with high-risk games taking place in the exclusive VIP areas. Its sketchier aspects mean crimes are mostly ignored, so watch your wallet.
2. Neo-Venezia (Aria the Animation) If you've always wanted a more exotic Venice, can I recommend terraformed Mars instead? Neo-Venezia is based on the romantic, Italian city. Visitors can book a tour with Undines on manpowered gondolas to ferry them about the city, enjoy views of floating islands and witness deliveries via air bike. Everything in Neo-Venezia is slow, beautiful, and ethereal for someone looking for a truly relaxing vacation.
1. Skypiea (One Piece) The beautiful Skypiea would be a perfect vacation spot for anyone, so long as you aren't afraid of heights. Nestled in the clouds, the floating island is home to winged people, and can only be accessed by ship (with the help of a giant shrimp). The land features multiple attractions, including Lovely Street marketplace, giant animals, and historical religious sites. The Cloud Foxes are super cute!
The new poll: Cats are the undisputed mascot of the internet. So, tell me which cat is the undisputed mascot of anime? Vote!
The old poll: The old poll asked how many readers participate in anime-related card games! Here's the full results (anything under 1% is omitted):
- I probably have some old Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh cards somewhere... 45.4%
- I've never played an anime card game. 23.5%
- I collected the cards, but didn't really play. 17.4%
- I've got my deck put together, I'm pretty good! 6.4%
- I still play with friends (tell us which in the forum!) 5.5%
- I'm a master! I even compete in the tournaments. 1.8%
When she isn't compiling lists of tropes, topics, and characters, Lynzee works as Associate Editor for Anime News Network, blogs about women and LBGT topics in anime and manga on her blog Engendered Dilemma, and posts pictures of her son on Twitter @ANN_Lynzee.
discuss this in the forum (31 posts) |