• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Movie Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Dune wrote:

Edit- New rumor: According to someone who attended Japan Expo in Paris, this film is live-action.

Dun dun DUNNN.

Well if they were going to make the Brotherhood movie a live action film. They should atleast cast some (if not, a good portion) of the English dub voice cast for some of the roles. Possibly cast Vic Mignogna to play Ed in the live action since he already made a fan video, Fullmetal Fantasy, where he and some of the other English voice actors cosplayed their characters.

Dear God, NO!
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:09 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
A live-action modern FMA, where Edward attaches Alphonse's soul to a PT Cruiser, Roy is an arsonist, Riza a contract killer, Cornello is a child molester priest, Rose is a whore with a heart of gold, and Envy can only transform into people he's killed. "Alchemy" is done with the use of nanomachines the government uses to control its citizens, at the behest of the mysterious shadow government run by "Father". Edward loses his arm and leg in a horrible shoot-out with government agents, protecting a young girl named Nina Tucker whose father is a government agent gone missing, who they want to kidnap to force him out. Eventually Nina is combined with a York Terrier, a CGI animal voiced by Miley Cyrus. Soundtrack by Coldplay. Directed by Michael Bay.

OH MY GOD, EW.

Wow...that sounds...like a horrible trainwreck that would make Dragonball Z: Evolution look like an Oscar winner by comparison! Smile
An1meNeRd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Meh, no matter what it is, people are going to watch it and people are going to love it.

Personally, I'd love to it to have a bigger focus on Al and his journey to Xing and such compared to Edward. I think there could be a lot to be done on that path.

I agree completely. Smile
iluvsonic4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Possibly cast Vic Mignogna to play Ed in the live action since he already made a fan video, Fullmetal Fantasy, where he and some of the other English voice actors cosplayed their characters.

Fullmetal Fantasy kicked butt, but I don't think I can see Vic play Ed in an actual movie, It just wouldn't look right. I actually get shivers thinking of it even though Vic is my fave. VA : P
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:38 am Reply with quote
darksharingan wrote:
How did the final episode air so soon after the manga ended?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-05-06/fma-irie-confirms-animating-manga-end-in-2-months
mrs.e-elric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Well, I have yet to see anywhere past episode 21, since I'm watching the series dub only. But I'm happy to see that their will be another FMA Movie.

I actually enjoy the subbed version better. I LOVE that Vic plays ed in the dubbed but i dont like Roy or envy's voices. Roy just sounds weird to me and Envy sounds like a psychotic female mass-murderer and envy is supposed to be a guy!!! Shocked sooo.... awkward...... But I absolutely loved spoiler[when Ed proposed, only he could do that. ] Very Happy and i hope the movie will be spoiler[of what ed and al do when they set off for Xing and the West and what happens when they come home in the end.] That would be golden!!!
mrs.e-elric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote
Sovay wrote:
I really hope it isn't recap. Chapter 108 left a lot of things with Roy pretty open ended, I wouldn't mind following up on him. I would also watch a movie about the further adventures of Al.

dude roy needs to totally shave off that mustache!!! ITS CREEPY!!!!! Confused so weird..... yeah i think that would be awesome. spoiler[they should follow up a bit on the roy/riza and al/may thing. ed and winry pretty much had their spotlight, share it a bit] but really roy looks scary and its one sad sad excuse for a mustache Smile
90ender

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
check out this live acted FMA fan film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFkVlu5H8s
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6