• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-12-01

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:11 am Reply with quote
Way to me make feel like crap Razz
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
...and the looming spectre of retconning Kevin into a responsible individual is thwarted!
animefan1238

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:49 am Reply with quote
One of my friends is like this but he studies. I don't know how he fits it in though. He goes to cons on a bimonthly basis (pending what con is happening) or is taking a trip to PA, MD, or NY to see friends. Man I wish I was still in college. Studying, reading, papers, playing video games and watching anime.
Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:15 am Reply with quote
Always have to put the outside world first before playtime Crying or Very sad .... it really sucks, but it makes all the playtime that much more fun. Hang in there Kevin...!!! Wink
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:59 am Reply with quote
Another nerd attempts to have a life, but the soul-crushing power of anime brings him to his knees. Good luck in the real world, Kevin.
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 am Reply with quote
Random thought's:

From the look on Nina's face towards Kevin's admission you'd think he'd done/said something really disturbing.

So, the old "turkey leg distraction ploy' eh!?

Why wouldn't she have it? I'm still eating Thanksgiving leftovers.

Seeing as there's a bite bite mark on the leg wouldn't that amount to the mythical 'secondhand kiss' scenario? I would think Kevin would jump at the chance. (Unless she was feeding it to Myoopi). Very Happy
Rolando_jose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 am Reply with quote
He can get a job at ANN. Mr. Green
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quote
Rolando_jose wrote:
I thought he was an employee already, like Nina! Yep it's strange how life get's in the way of living. I'm glad I didn't have these things distracting me when I was trying to make a life for me self. I'd probably also be unmarried, alone in my council flat playing games and watching anime, or reading manga, bought on equipment I got with me benefits money that should have been used for me rent and food and utilities. However having successfully got a job that could support a family with all the trimmings that go with that, and a mortgage, it ain't half hard to keep my teens on the rails with doing the same by all the distractions they are constantly trying to service. I 've worn out three rolled up magazines so far. and I've taken them to visit the local council estates to give them an idea of what awaits them if they don't concentrate on what's important in their future lives. It's a constant battle. Wink
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:41 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
…I'd probably also be unmarried, alone in my council flat playing games and watching anime, or reading manga, bought on equipment I got with me benefits money that should have been used for me rent and food and utilities.

I was under the prior assumption that the sort of person you describe would not meet the criteria required for Council housing eligibility, or at least, not the criteria that are used to prioritise applicants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
*sigh* I should really put more effort into my thesis, but find myself constantly distracted by anime and games. I know how the guy feels.
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
"7 years of college down the drain!" - Bluto Blutarsky... who then went on to become a Senator.

Hang in there Kevin Very Happy Ah, nina, who knows that a turkey leg solves every problem... :devil:
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
…I'd probably also be unmarried, alone in my council flat playing games and watching anime, or reading manga, bought on equipment I got with me benefits money that should have been used for me rent and food and utilities.

I was under the prior assumption that the sort of person you describe would not meet the criteria required for Council housing eligibility, or at least, not the criteria that are used to prioritise applicants.
You must be joking mate! Laughing
ZeroGee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I always wonder what Kevin did.
Wow, three years. Time flies dont it? Shocked
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! All the negativety and gloominess! Anime hyper Poor Kevin. Yeah anime can be distracting, but maybe he's just a slacker? Confused Anime smallmouth In Nina's world, turkey legs solve problems. Cool Laughing
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Rolando_jose wrote:

xD That was just what I was thinking when he said "internship" Laughing
Love the comic. The last panel made me smile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1