• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan: Quarter of Silence Revealed, New Precure Teaser

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Found teaser in YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QWmuD3J7mA
I also found another trailer with Thai subs, not sure if someone will upload a subbed version.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I still am not sure how I feel about this movie. 13 and 14 were just so amazing and I don't know if they can top it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:24 am Reply with quote
Yay for more Conan! I love this series so much. <3

I wish that Funi would pick up the rest of movies and the OVA's since they don't want to do the TV series anymore. I'd be content with that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nadir-seen-fire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I wish CR could get the rights to stream Detective Conan myself. FUNi doesn't seem to be too interested, and they still have the dubs, dvds, and the movies they can still do if they want. But DC really feels like something that would work out pretty well if a legal stream was done right. From what I've seen the fansub coverage has a pile of holes in it, if a legal stream came out covering the series in a complete fashion with archived episodes being released regularly as well as a simulcast the legal stream could attract a lot of people that would have usually tried to watch it illegally because the legal stream would be the only one covering the many episodes that fansubs haven't covered. And most of those people coming for the unfansubbed episodes would probably stay around to watch more episodes legally even if they had fansubs.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
nadir-seen-fire wrote:
I wish CR could get the rights to stream Detective Conan myself. FUNi doesn't seem to be too interested, and they still have the dubs, dvds, and the movies they can still do if they want. But DC really feels like something that would work out pretty well if a legal stream was done right. From what I've seen the fansub coverage has a pile of holes in it, if a legal stream came out covering the series in a complete fashion with archived episodes being released regularly as well as a simulcast the legal stream could attract a lot of people that would have usually tried to watch it illegally because the legal stream would be the only one covering the many episodes that fansubs haven't covered. And most of those people coming for the unfansubbed episodes would probably stay around to watch more episodes legally even if they had fansubs.

I've been steadily going through the show and happily switched to the fansubs after Funimation's "Jimmy" dubs were unavailable (I'm currently in the early 200's). Actually it looks like the fansub holes are almost completely patched. 3 groups have been working together to finish it up for awhile now and have/had a goal to finish them all by the end of the year. They are very close. There will still be a couple patches of poorly subbed episodes by a Chinese(?) group but IIRC most of those are a streak in the 4th or 5th season that the Funimation releases covered and the other ones that group did are being redone by the same groups that are patching the rest of the holes.

I'd expect a monster 600 episode torrent being compiled in the next couple months.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1