• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2 Parties Oppose Tokyo's Revised Youth Ordinance Bill

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:01 am Reply with quote
Wow, against depictions of even marital sex and homosexuals on TV? Governor Ishihara sounds like a stone-age prude. What year is this again?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
minakichan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quote
...Wow, good job, Governor Ishihara >.>;

Seriously, I don't think I can think of ANY advanced first-world country that would consider "the sex lives of married couples" and "homosexuals casually appearing on TV" THAT "dangerous for children." While I guess fringe groups exist in any country, there is no national government and media system in either Europe or the Americas that is so ridiculously conservative to actually make public statements like that. In any other country, these kinds of statements would get so much political backlash that the guy would have to step down OTL

Good job making your country more backwards.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ishihara responded by saying, "Anyone who claims it's not harmful to children to draw manga that features the sex life of married couples and the such are idiots. Tell them, 'You need to go cool your heads.'"

Gasp! Married couples have sex. Although, looking at the birth rate, that might not be the case in Japan. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Ishihara responded to the Tokyo Parent Teacher Association's... by saying, “It's not just about children. We've got homosexuals casually appearing even on television. Japan has become far too untamed.

They're here, they're queer, get used to it. What a bigoted old fart. Mad
Chunx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:10 am Reply with quote
Perhaps things are finally coming to a head with the conservatives and liberals in Japan. Quite a legal showdown.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:38 am Reply with quote
OH NO! Homosexuals will infect the nation. We all know it's enough to look at one to be turned into one. What ever shall we do? It won't be long before they will force their homosexuality on us. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Hey, stone-age politician, welcome to 2010. You're a little late here.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:38 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Wow, against depictions of even marital sex and homosexuals on TV? Governor Ishihara sounds like a stone-age prude. What year is this again?

Tokyo Governor Shintaro Ishihara is a nationalist bigot. You should see what he says about foreigners. No wonder he's in the story staff of the Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection movie.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:54 am Reply with quote
I can understand them wanting to 'tame', as he puts it, the contents and sales of anime and manga to certain people but to pass a bill that people will be against anyway just isn't the way to do it.

Contrary to what people think, while Japan is labeled as a liberal nation, that doesn't mean things like homosexuality is considered 'okay' over there. They hate it as much as every other normal person and don't pass it off as 'normal' or 'no shame in'. Liberalism over there is almost the same as conservatism in the western world.
keikanna44

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
“It's not just about children. We've got homosexuals casually appearing even on television. Japan has become far too untamed. I'll go forward with [this bill] with a sense of mission in heart.”

What the cuss?! I can't even believe he said that. I'm speechless... well not that much. Listen you old fart there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or the fact that they appear on TV! Bigots like you are what's wrong with the world! Try having a mission to fix yourself! And what do you mean it's not just about the children? You put them on the back burner to homosexuals? Are you crazy? Take a pill and sit down. When you're ready to join the rest of the world in 2010 you can get up.

I've said this before the bill is too open and it will never pass. I wish they would drop it.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ishihara responded to the Tokyo Parent Teacher Association's December 3 petition in support of the bill by saying, “It's not just about children. We've got homosexuals casually appearing even on television. Japan has become far too untamed. I'll go forward with [this bill] with a sense of mission in heart.”

Okay, so this guy's a jerk. Confused
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:04 am Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:

Seriously, I don't think I can think of ANY advanced first-world country that would consider "the sex lives of married couples" and "homosexuals casually appearing on TV" THAT "dangerous for children." While I guess fringe groups exist in any country, there is no national government and media system in either Europe or the Americas that is so ridiculously conservative to actually make public statements like that.

The PTC in America would probably say something like that. They seem to have a problem with with homosexual characters in TV shows, and they think it's immoral to society.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
A Tokyo governor against homosexuals appearing on television??? WTF?!

How is gay people appearing affecting people in general. What a bigot! Confused
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:

Contrary to what people think, while Japan is labeled as a liberal nation, that doesn't mean things like homosexuality is considered 'okay' over there. They hate it as much as every other normal person and don't pass it off as 'normal' or 'no shame in'.

It's normal to hate homosexuality now? Why didn't someone send me the memo? What else should I be hating? Wouldn't want to not be "normal".
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:46 am Reply with quote
He's just jealous because this sort of anime and manga are growing in numbers, while his favourite crap is staying behind. Hah.

All this crap about protecting "our" children. If you really want to protect them give them better education and parents altogether.
Stupid kids. Someday when they turn into underage thieves I'll have to hand out my wallet passively, otherwise if I resist I'll go to jail for children abuse.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:

Contrary to what people think, while Japan is labeled as a liberal nation, that doesn't mean things like homosexuality is considered 'okay' over there. They hate it as much as every other normal person and don't pass it off as 'normal' or 'no shame in'. Liberalism over there is almost the same as conservatism in the western world.

I've never been more glad not to be normal.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I can understand them wanting to 'tame', as he puts it, the contents and sales of anime and manga to certain people but to pass a bill that people will be against anyway just isn't the way to do it.

No, actually its called bigotry. Its something you and the governor share.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2