• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yumekui Merry, Tailenders Anime Promo Videos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Yumekui Merry looks nice, the art reminds me of chibi vampire karin
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Both of these look tremendously interesting and promising. Can't WAIT to see 'em!

I was hopin' the purple-haired kid in Tailenders was a boy, but all the same, it looks awesome.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Tailenders is like a mix of Turbo Teen and Oban Star-Racers. Laughing
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Please let there be english subs on the Blu-ay Mad
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't going to watch Yumekui Merry, but that trailer looked just like something I would looove. This season seems like it's going to be a good one...I keep adding to my watchlist~
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quote
Wow, at first I thought Yumekui Merry looked like it would be a generic gothic loli show that would do nothing for me. But after seeing that trailer I'm actually starting to get excited for it. I'm hoping that the mood of the trailer is the over all mood of the series. If it's done right it might end up being just a straight up awesome show.

Tailenders looks like a trip that I want to be on... that about sums it up. The crazy animation style really reminds me of Dead Leaves and FLCL, which is always a good thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
Wow, at first I thought Yumekui Merry looked like it would be a generic gothic loli show that would do nothing for me. But after seeing that trailer I'm actually starting to get excited for it. I'm hoping that the mood of the trailer is the over all mood of the series. If it's done right it might end up being just a straight up awesome show.

Tailenders looks like a trip that I want to be on... that about sums it up. The crazy animation style really reminds me of Dead Leaves and FLCL, which is always a good thing.

Same here,I'm excited for Yumekui Merry as well,too me this looks like another good super natural anime similar to other shows like Yu Yu Hakusho,Bleach,Soul Eater or Busou Renkin,yeah I know I'm weird comparing this to other super natural animes,but I see potential in this one,plus to top it all off, Keiichi Oku will be the music composer for this anime,who did the music for Digimon Savers and the Ojamajo Doremi franchise Very Happy
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quote
Agreed, Tailenders looks great!!

Woah, I almost passed on it but Yumekui Merry looks so much better than I expected in that stylish trailer, I wasn't expecting a supernatural action show, I hope that's what it's like and that the trailer isn't just a tease since the description sounded more like a fantasy romance show. Now I can see why we've got some key staff on this that are pretty versed in action, which is hopefully a good sign that the trailer isn't just a tease. Will need to at least give it a chance to see what kind of show it actually is in reality.

Ah Turbo Teen, loved that show Smile
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:28 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:

Woah, I almost passed on it but Yumekui Merry looks so much better than I expected in that stylish trailer, I wasn't expecting a supernatural action show, I hope that's what it's like and that the trailer isn't just a tease since the description sounded more like a fantasy romance show. Now I can see why we've got some key staff on this that are pretty versed in action, which is hopefully a good sign that the trailer isn't just a tease. Will need to at least give it a chance to see what kind of show it actually is in reality.

From the trailer i've seen,I think Yumekui Merry is a combination of both,I think it's both a super natural action anime like yu yu hakusho and a fantasy rommance all rolled into one,because at the end of the 3rd trailer,Merry was crying and hugging the male protagonist Very Happy
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:

From the trailer i've seen,I think Yumekui Merry is a combination of both,I think it's both a super natural action anime like yu yu hakusho and a fantasy rommance all rolled into one,because at the end of the 3rd trailer,Merry was crying and hugging the male protagonist Very Happy

Yeah, you're probably right.

Edit: New 4th trailer is good too Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1