• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Comi, Google Work on Comic Viewer With Foreign Support

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediaright

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:41 am Reply with quote
We seem to be inching closer to the kind of service we're looking for. Proceed slowly and don't screw up. Only then will you get my online money.
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote
Hope working with google provides the funding they've been looking for and proper compensation, and that fans opt to check out creator-approved sites rather than sites that rip off creators. Having an international section is a nice option- curious if domestic pubs will get involved at some point with Shuiesha and Kodansha's involvement.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
If it means Kodansha USA hopping on the bandwagon sometime soon that would be nice.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually really excited about all the opportunities this type of site will be able to provide. I love the concept for "fan notes".

They seem to have a lot of great ideas. I hope this doesn't get bogged down in licensing muck for all eternity later down the road.

I actually just officially signed up to be a paying member at Crunchy Roll so I am certainly looking forward to having a manga option available if it's done correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
It seems as though this site is moving in the right direction. I love how Akamatsu-san was so surprised at the number of downloads during the first week Laughing didn't realize how popular your own series is, huh? Now if only they can go ahead with these new additions without someone coming along and screwing things up -- it only takes one bad apple to ruin the whole batch, sometimes. I'm for making people sign up for an account before doing anything with the material, that way there will be more of a chance of tracking down people who are abusing the service. Anyway, I'm overjoyed to see J-Comi trying new things Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1