• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
paid subscribers in Ireland and the UK will also be able to access the show until June 30, 2011.

so that means its going to have more than 12 episodes?
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
Quote:
paid subscribers in Ireland and the UK will also be able to access the show until June 30, 2011.

No, that means that the entire series (which could still be 12-13 episodes) will be available until that time-- same deal they're doing with one of the other shows (EDIT: it's Gosick). Sort of like how each Fairy Tail episode is only available for 30 days.
kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:

The Crunchyroll page for the series says it's 12 episodes. They're likely just giving people extra time to finish it/start it. :]
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
giapet wrote:

No, that means that the entire series (which could still be 12-13 episodes) will be available until that time-- same deal they're doing with one of the other shows. Sort of like how each Fairy Tail episode is only available for 30 days.

Thanks for the info.
Well I do wish for it to be a 24/26 episode anime.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Hm... Yesterday they showed that they have three more series to announce, today they're only showing one more. Confused
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
Quote:

It likely means that there is someone else in negotiating for the rights in the UK/Ireland, so more limited rights were available there. Crunchyroll obviously wants to hold the rights as long as they can, this time they were able to get three months after the end of the season.

Since there are no Oz/NZ rights at all, one might speculate that Madman and MangaUK are in negotiations for rights, since they often share the cost of PAL authoring by Madman doing the original PAL authoring for their R4 release then re-authoring it as an R2 release for MangaUK for a fee.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
Hm... Yesterday they showed that they have three more series to announce, today they're only showing one more. Confused

theres been a delay of sorts as you can see on the lineup Sad
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Only one more show then? Well, hopefully it's Neo Nanoha.

FUNimation would stream Wandering Son regardless, so I think C-roll acquiring the streaming license for that would be pretty wasted.

I do wonder if ANN will end up streaming anything from this season.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:

It'll probably be the one I want (Hourou Musuko), right? Rolling Eyes
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote
This is another show that I am looking forward too as well. I have now added signing up for CR again as part of my to do list tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote
What's with all the limitations to the UK? Does that mean we have licensees interested? If so, that's great news.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
What's with all the limitations to the UK? Does that mean we have licensees interested? If so, that's great news.
Almost certainly ... if they just did not want to bother vetting the agreement for UK/Ireland, it would not have rights at all.

Doesn't mean a signed contract, of course ~ the difference between DVD and streaming royalties is such a big gap that the open possibility of a DVD distribution deal has to trump the certainty of streaming royalties.

Five tiers are emerging at Crunchroll:

Tier One: the US and Canada

Tier Two: the UK and Ireland

Tier Three: Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Portugal and Brazil

Tier Four*: Spanish America and the Caribbean, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, the Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand

Tier Five: the rest of Europe, the rest of Asia

(* Australia and New Zealand are getting mostly different shows from the rest of this group ~ but about the same numbers ~ an across the board deal with Madman would probably push Australia/New Zealand into Tier Two or Three)
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Only one more show then? Well, hopefully it's Neo Nanoha.

I think it'll be Level-E.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:

Click through again ~ whatever the hangup was, it must have been sorted out, as its back to both being listed for an announcement today. On past form, maybe within ten minutes of this comment.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

I think it is more that they aren't happy with the potential ad revenue form the UK. Crunchyroll negotiate hard for the streaming rights for the UK/Ireland and Scandinavia and they can use the subscription numbers as leverage (there were tweets from Rob Pereyda that went into this in more detail a while back but Twitter sucks for digging up stuff like that).
I suppose it is possible that Beez pre-licensed them for DVD sub-only the same way they did Durarara!!, but I think it is most likely just Kadokawa being difficult.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1