• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Noitamina's Anohana, C Promo Videos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
"The story is set during the 21st century when the economic future of Japan is in doubt."

So, it takes place tomorrow?
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
"The story is set during the 21st century when the economic future of Japan is in doubt."

So, it takes place tomorrow?

That's exactly what I thought.

However, that promo looks so wonderfully epic...it makes me think of National Treasure or something. I can't wait for a promo with footage. Anybody willing to translate the storyline from the site? I don't do kanji~

The characters look really cool, too. So nineteen-year-old Yoga Kimimaru and mysterious horned devilish creature who looks like she's probably some sort of nonhuman who know's what's behind the financial conspiracy and needs Yoga's help, Mashu, are our two heroes...and, um, the only characters listed so far. This looks like win. I already like them. This is definitely going to be on my must-watch list for the season, next to Iroha.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
C looks interesting. I'm going to have to remember to check it out.
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, the C promo immediately reminded me of something out of the SMT franchise. Still looks really good, and I'm very interested in the premise. (My noitaminA love is slowly growing by the day.)
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
ZipZapZopTitania wrote:

However, that promo looks so wonderfully epic...it makes me think of National Treasure or something. I can't wait for a promo with footage. Anybody willing to translate the storyline from the site? I don't do kanji~

I found a rough translation of the opening text that someone else did:

spoiler[しょせん金は金か、あるいはそれ以上のものか
Is money merely money, or might it be something greater?
お金がほしくないのですか?
Don't you desire money?
おまえ、真面目すぎんだよ。
    正直でメシは食えねえだろ?
You're too serious.
    Be honest — you can't make ends meet, can you?
金はあって困るものじゃない。
お金は必要だよ。
Having money is not a problem in itself.
Money is necessary.
現金の引き出しは自由。
    ただしあなたの将来を
        担保させていただく。
Withdrawing cash is freedom.
    But I will have you
        mortgage your future.
これは金融街への招待状です。さあ、いらっしゃいますか?
This is your invitation to the Financial District. Now, will you accept? ]
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote
^^That's cryptic man.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
^^ Wall Street: The Anime?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Your forgetting to translate the coolest thing. On the main page that' split in two:

変わりゆく、世界。|買い戻せ、未来。
Changing the world. | Buy back the future.

C... I need a bit to translate that introduction, it's long. Still, this looks potentially quite epic.

AnoHana... you know, usually I'm up to try anything noitaminA sticks its name on, but allow me to simulate vomiting noises. Childhood friends grow up and grow apart with one of them still looking like a girl + schmaltzy music = provokes my inner, jaded cynic.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I didn't translate it and I'd love to see what the introduction says (curse you pictures that I can't copy and paste into google translate!). But I must admit, after looking at that trailer I'm even more confused, I think it involves some sort of alternate world dealing with banking that's affecting our world but that's all I got. o_O
And agreeing with vashfanatic about anohana, the first promo image looked cute but the new ones look kinda moe and, well, cliched, noitaminA hasn't let me down yet but it's bound to happen sometime...
TeenChibi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Looks very promising. I'm up for any original anime. The animation was really good too.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote
Gyah technical kanji...altered slightly in a few places to make it flow better in English:

20XX, Japan--

"A National Securities Slump?!" "The Collapse of the Japanese Economy!" "Countdown to Economic Collapse As Well?!" Under a gigantic budget deficit, the Japanese government was in what was called a terminal crisis; but due to the appearance of the governmental financial institution Sovereign Wealth Fund, the government was phenomenally successfully in investing its funds, and implemented financial reforms.

The prime minister at the time declared the revival of Japan's economy and their financial soundness to the whole world, and basked in the worldwide attention as a statesman to be remembered in history.

Meanwhile, for the citizens, thanks to the policies that work out one by one the assets to bring the government back into the black [or something, economic jargon is all the same to me in any language], the Japanese economy would recover too... or so it was hoped, for there were no signs yet of recovery: there wereproblems finding work for youth; struggles with downsizing and unemployment; people who, having fallen into despair, commit indiscriminate acts of violence. With no outlook for the future, declining marriage and birth rates that in no way cancel out despair, flight from reality, people gone missing or suicides, all surged...

Tiring of this news day in and day out, nothing but a vague anxiety and a stagnant claustrophobia gather like pools in the hearts of the people.
Yoga Kimimaro. A college student at the city economics school.
His dream is to live a normal life. To have a place as a government worker.

When he was a child, his father disappeared, his mother died of illness shortly thereafter, and he was raised by his maternal grandmother. Now he lives by himself working a part time job with a scholarship.

Though attending lectures at school, the thoughts of a stable life after graduation weight heavily on his mind. His classmate Hanabi also {something something, too tired by now to care, I'll look at it tomorrow}.

Then one day, a strange man appears before Kimimaro. "In order to guarantee your future, I will lend you money. Can you raise the money to pay it back?"

From that day on, Kimimaro's fate is radically altered.
____

So apparently it's all very topical, eh?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote
Lending money to save Japan's economic crisis?

So Eden of the East 2.0?

Thank you very much for the translation though.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 am Reply with quote
Player No. 3 wrote:
Honestly, the C promo immediately reminded me of something out of the SMT franchise. Still looks really good, and I'm very interested in the premise. (My noitaminA love is slowly growing by the day.)

Yeah I was thinking that inspiration too from the girl's image.

Expecting big things from C.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Okay, posted a short synopsis at ANN's page, using a bit more from the characters page (http://www.noitamina-control.jp/03chara/index.html). It looks as though there will be a definite sci-fi/action element on top of all this, perhaps related to how he'll pay the mysterious man back...?
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Lending money to save Japan's economic crisis?

So Eden of the East 2.0?

Thank you very much for the translation though.

That is exactly what I thought and honestly, if they can make anything like EotE's TV series was, I'll be happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2