• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Packaging Questions

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Lance of Funimation posted some pictures on Twitter of what the first three limited edition art boxes look like in a nutshell:

http://twitpic.com/3otxaj
http://twitpic.com/3oty8p

So, the sizes are consistent and Sacred Blacksmith isn't super tiny, so that's good. However, it's only consistent because of the art book, so I pretty much have to leave it in there or put a spare keepcase in it, which isn't terrible, I guess.

I can not wait until my copy of SB comes in. I'm so damn giddy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh my that Sacred Blacksmith book looks thick. Thank you FUNi.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it's housed in a filler box. Interesting ...
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
And Funi has now posted a Hey Nice Package! video for Phantom here
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Oh my that Sacred Blacksmith book looks thick. Thank you FUNi.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it's housed in a filler box. Interesting ...

Nope. The Sacred Blacksmith artbook is a pretty thin, and I guess I'm spoiled by NIS's books, since they are a bit more than just keyart. But it is pretty good as an extra, but the pin up poster is only slightly bigger than the artbox itself, so putting it up on the wall might look out of place.

I also got all of Phantom in today as well, and the bullet necklace is kinda meh for me, but then i'm not a jewelry guy. But I have discovered a small problem with this setup. Since the second set is in its own small box, putting the whole thing in makes it hard to get access to disc 3 and 4. You could remove the box, but who honestly wants to do that?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Can you get the discs of the part two boxes out if you flip it around so it's disc spine out, not box spine out? Or is it too tight to slide right out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote
So, uh, any word yet on what type of packaging FUNi's Classic Line releases are gonna be in? Surprised
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Can you get the discs of the part two boxes out if you flip it around so it's disc spine out, not box spine out? Or is it too tight to slide right out?

Nope, way too tight. The entire second set will slide out in one piece, and then you have to slide them out from the second box. And if Sacred Blacksmith doesn't have enough episodes to justifiy a second set (if the Complete Collection tag holds true) you'll have a very thin spacer in your box doing nothing special. I'm greatful that Funi is returning to a limited edition format again, but I just wish the extras were more than a slightly better box.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
qAnd if Sacred Blacksmith doesn't have enough episodes to justifiy a second set (if the Complete Collection tag holds true)

Yeah Sacred Blacksmith is only 12 eppies, and I haven't heard plans of any more, so I guess you'll have to keep you're artbook /spacer box in there. I actually really like the look of this box, but damn i want this show in HD. The money-worrier side of me tells me to hold out for a blu ray, but my collector side is saying 'I hate your money-worrier side." Neutral
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Here's a picture of how the digis and the booklet slide into the R.O.D box:

The box is textured too! Looks and feels great!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Wo-we-wow, that looks lovely. Awesome choice of pictures for the box. I want to watch it so bad but it seems my pre-order is on lock down until Ga-Rei Zero ships...

Is the coloring on your towel kinda lame?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:58 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Is the coloring on your towel kinda lame?

Yea, kinda. It looks like she has a sunburn under her boobs and the colors aren't very deep, but I think it's because it's an actual, functional towel and they don't want the colors to run if you were to actually use it for that. Mines just going on the wall, but I don't mind either way.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Woah, woah, King--why the hell would you post all of those pictures of everything? You've gotta leave stuff to the imagination(until people get it), bro. :O

And you just made FUNi lose every sale they could've gotten for all the peeps who were just buying it for the pin-up. D:
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Woah, woah, King--why the hell would you post all of those pictures of everything? You've gotta leave stuff to the imagination(until people get it), bro. :O

And you just made FUNi lose every sale they could've gotten for all the peeps who were just buying it for the pin-up. D:

Or I just made a whole lot of people to buy it so they can see it up close and personal and hang it proudly on their wall. I think you underestimate hardcore collectors, young gun. I know I'd be placing an order right now after seeing those shots if I didn't already have it.

The video on the art book is going to be delayed because it freaking crapped out on me at 96%, and I can't attempt to reupload it until tomorrow morning. It's a good video, so you should be waiting on pins and needles for it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Sweet pix, TKoH. That'll have to tide me over until my own set arrives. Very glad I ordered it. I am disappointed they put Lucy on the other side of that reversible poster, though. I found her character on the show adorable, but eye candy-wise, anorexic-looking preteens with elf ears don't do it for me. I would much rather the space be filled with the luscious Aria. "Slay God!"

I don't plan to get every single Funi LE - mostly just the ones where the entire season is only 13 eppies long. I let Black Butler go because I haven't sampled it. Hope I don't end up regretting that. Ga-Rei Zero and Rideback are the next two in my sights but I'm gambling and waiting for a Funi sale before ordering...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 28