• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate persons (OLD)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:41 am Reply with quote
天瀬(あませ)まゆ

Mayu Amase (#21138, correct)
Mayu Amagase (#29037, misspelled)

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited by dormcat on Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:16 am Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
robkelk wrote:

I looked into this a little, and while Risky Safety lists him as Rei Omishi, the manga Crescent Moon (a different Crescent Moon than the one found in the Encyc) lists him as Ray Omishi.

which is the preferred spelling, do you think?

Well, since his given name is actually listed in the Ray OMISHI lookup as "れい" (Rei), I suggest that "Rei OMISHI" is the correct spelling.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Ryûji Saikachi (#7297)

and

Ryuuji Saikachi (#27100)

-abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:45 am Reply with quote
森川(もりかわ, Morikawa), 智之(としゆき, Toshiyuki)

Morikawa, Toshiyuki (#692) - correct
Morikawa, Tomoyuki (#628) - very likely to be misspelled (e.g. same role in Key the Metal Idol), but its 17 Exclamation entries make me uncertain to call it "wrong."

ADDING UP:

津田 匠子 (つだ しょうこ) - it's better spelled as Shouko, IMHO. Razz
Shoko Tsuda - used by her official page @ Ken Production and most other websites.
Syouko Tsuda - only used by few websites, but including Dan's Millennium Actress page.

It's your call, Dan. Wink

Last edited by dormcat on Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:48 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Ryûji Saikachi (#7297)

and

Ryuuji Saikachi (#27100)

We've got a winner! Four entries for one person! In addition to the two abunai mentioned, there are two additional ones:

槐 柳二 (さいかち りゅうじ)
Ryuji Saikaichi (#28675)
Ryuji Kai (#2111)

Last edited by dormcat on Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Sent in an error report on some of these already, but I'll still put them up in case additional discussion as needed. Looking around and killing as many birds as I can with one stone on this one. ;)

Taeko Kawata (川田 妙子) (#5267) (current name)
Taeko Yamada (山田 妙子) (#2425) (former name)

This is one I encountered when I was looking over some thorough Japanese credits of Sailor Moon R. Her name was credited as "Taeko Yamada" there (though ADV's recent release has the more current form of her name in the credits).

Kouki Miyata (宮田 幸季) (#1134) (current name)
Yuki Miyata (#6836) (misreading of Kouki on cast credit. NOTE: The staff credit here is likely a different person and NOT a misreading)
Harunori Miyata (宮田 始典) (#9132) (former name)
Hajimenori Miyata (#9657) (misreading of Harunori)

This one seemed to be all over the place for me. There was another misreading of Kouki and another one of Harunori, but those ended up being ones I entered in (going by Media Blasters credits of Magic User's Club. MB seems to be king as far as spelling errors go, even with English VA credits and characters too). So, I promptly deleted and corrected those.

Katashi Ishizuka (石塚 堅) (#13192) (correct reading)
Ken Ishizuka (#7139) (misreading)

These two are definitely the same person. This is one that the Japanese seem to be confused on the reading as well, and Hitoshi Doi's database has this name different ways for different credits. However, "Katashi" is the way my two main sources of Japanese seiyuu info reads it, and it looks like it is the most popular way going by my Google searches (combined kanji/romanization and kanji/hiragana searches were both in favor of "Katashi")

Niina Kumagaya (熊谷 ニーナ) (#9880) (correct reading)
Niina Kumagai (#9889) (misreading)

Akiko Yajima (矢島 晶子) (#975) (correct reading)
Masako Yajima (矢島 昌子(?)) (#15915) (misreading?)

This is one that really confused me, enough to where I was uncertain enough that I didn't send an error report. I have seen Akiko Yajima's name misspelled as Masako Yajima before in Pioneer's credits, so I figured this might be the case here. There is only one credit to Masako Yajima here for the "Saving our Fragile Earth: Unico Special Chapter" movie (for the title character), so I looked into that. It looks like the information comes from the official Tezuka site referenced, and the English language version of the site does say "Masako Yajima", HOWEVER they also have "Niina Kumagai" listed, which is a misreading (see above). The thing that confused me here was when I went to check the Japanese site, the kanji listed (矢島昌子) doesn't match Akiko Yajima's (矢島晶子) exactly. Now, I looked around a bit more on this, and found that Niina Kumagaya's website seems to have a short blurb about the movie, and she specifically states Akiko Yajima (矢島晶子) as Unico. I looked up these kanji in an online Japanese dictionary, and apparently both versions can be read as "Akiko" or "Masako". It's possible that the people who put the information on the site made a slight error on the kanji.

Koichi Nagano (#796)
Kouichi Nagano (#10944)

Yûsuke Numata (#3098)
Yuusuke Numata (#3834)

Kousuke Okano (#1043)
Kosuke Okano (#3248)

Tamio Ohki (#1042)
Tomio Ohki (#8383) (misspelling)

Kôhei Miyauchi (#1534)
Kouhei Miyauchi (#15989)

Shinichiro Miki (#659)
Shirnichiro Miki (#29818) (misspelling)

Yuko Mita (#928)
Yuuko Mita (#2089)

Jin Ho Chung (#24798)
Jin Chung (#26733)

Entered him in different ways depending on how his name was credited in cast guessing games. Same guy, though.

Dorothy Elias-Fahn (#4819)
Dorothy Elias Fahn (#12808)
Annie Pastrano (#1406) (stage name)

The second one here results from the family name being entered in a slightly different way (no hyphen between her two family names, and "Elias" is tacked on to her given name rather than her family name). The third one is a confirmed alias of Dorothy Melendrez (Annie Pastrano was stated by Dorothy Melendrez as a "stage name" in an anime magazine interview (I believe Animerica)). There also seems to be an issue of "Midge Mayes" being merged into Dorothy Elias-Fahn, but that seems to be a more complicated problem (I'll probably start a separate topic on that).

Bob Bergen (#3525)
Bob Bergan (#14013) (misspelling)

Bob Pappenbrook (#1145) (misspelling)
Robert Papenbrook (#22501) (full name)
John Smallberries (#2536) (alias)

The first thing that needs fixing here is the double "p" in Papenbrook, a mistake that is mainly only in the Tenchi releases. His name is very commonly credited as "Papenbrook", so I'm pretty certain that the one "p" is correct. When entering him in the encyclopedia, though, his name is automatically converted to the incorrect spelling with double "p"'s. John Smallberries is confirmed as an alias, but one I'm pretty certain on. Comparing John Smallberries as Katsuhito in Tenchi Muyo! GXP to Bob Papenbrook in the same role in Tenchi in Tokyo and the later Tenchi movies makes this one obvious.

Tony Oliver (#7006)
Raphael Antonio (#21804) (confimed alias, variant of "Rafael Antonio")

Mariette Sluyter (#7512)
Mariette Sluter (#5525) (misspelling)

Rebecca Forstadt (#2255)
Rebecca Olkowski (#5191) (alternate name)

Like Reba West, Rebecca Olkowski is another known (and confirmed) alternate name of Rebecca Forstadt. She has a few VA credits under the name, but this one seems to mainly be the particular name she uses for her writing credits.

Vic Mignogna (#2516)
Vic Mignonga (#22233) (misspelling)

Robert Martin Klein (#11943) (full name)
Robert Martin (#12175) (shortened form)
Bob Marx (#538) (alias)

Bob Marx is another unconfirmed alias, but this is another one I can be pretty sure on. "Robert Klein" is credited to 001 in Cyborg Soldier 009 from ep. 37 on (earlier credited to Bob Marx), but he still sounds exactly the same.

Robert Tinkler (#4841) (full name)
Rob Tinkler (#16957) (shortened form)

Jerry Jewell (#10063) (correct)
Jerry Jewel (#7660) (mispelling)

This one is commonly confused, but checking online sources (VA database, convention guest lists, etc.) indicates to me that "Jerry Jewell" is definitely the correct spelling.

Sources of info:

Seiyuu Database WWW version
Les voix des Anges
Ryu's Seiyuu Infos
English Voice Actor and Production Staff Database
Other random sources (usually use searches on Google and Google Japan for some additional confirmation on some info)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:43 am Reply with quote
Sugoi, EmperorBrandon! Shocked

山野井 仁 (やまのい じん)
Yamanoi, Jin (#2377, correct)
Yamanoi, Hitoshi (#8249, misspelled, since "仁" could be also spelled as "hiroshi")

Just my two cents.

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited by dormcat on Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:30 am Reply with quote
I can't really confirm this, but Toshihiro Hirano and Toshiki Hirano may be the same person.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:24 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
I can't really confirm this, but Toshihiro Hirano and Toshiki Hirano may be the same person.

I looked up this one, and it looks like this might be a case of name change. This website on anime creators lists Toshihiro Hirano (平野 俊弘) as the former name of Toshiki Hirano (平野 俊貴).
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:21 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
areaseven wrote:
Yukana Nogami and Yukana are one and the same. She sometimes lists herself as simply "Yukana" on some titles.

Nagisa wrote:
Yukana Nogami's entered twice.

Seems this problem has not been solved yet.... :roll:

As of typing this in, those two are still not connected. Speaking of which, I look back quite a ways and there are still lots of duplicates mentioned here that still haven't been solved. What's up with that? Just curious. I know the staff members in charge of this thing are probably pretty busy.

Anyway, if any direct reference is needed on the above duplicate, here it is:

Yukana (#5047) (current name)
Yukana Nogami (#952) (former name)
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:06 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
What's up with that? Just curious. I know the staff members in charge of this thing are probably pretty busy.
Correct.

Quote:
Yukana (#5047) (current name)
Yukana Nogami (#952) (former name)

Merged
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
I looked up this one, and it looks like this might be a case of name change. This website on anime creators lists Toshihiro Hirano (平野 俊弘) as the former name of Toshiki Hirano (平野 俊貴).
Merged
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

Since no one had any strong opinion about the use of apostrophes or non-apostrophes, I just went ahead and merged it into Jun'ichi.. even though I personally prefer non-apostrophes. :p

Don't think I have a preference either way on that one, though I believe R1 companies usually leave out apostrophes. For a name like Junichi though, wouldn't it be automatically assumed that it's じゅんいち, and notじゅにち ?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:29 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
EmperorBrandon wrote:
What's up with that? Just curious. I know the staff members in charge of this thing are probably pretty busy.
Correct.

Sorry about that. Your effort to keep information accurate and consistent is much appreciated. ;)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote
猪口 有佳
Yuka INOKUCHI (#25953, correct).
Yuka INOGUCHI (#18550, misspelled). All credits under #18550 should be merged into #25953

Her family name "猪口" could be spelled either inokuchi or inoguchi.

Sources:
http://www.kenproduction.co.jp/list/inokuchi_3.html (official)
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~clown/negima/seiyu.htm
http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/mimomo/a-23.html

Last edited by dormcat on Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8