• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation's Fractale Stream Delayed by Storm Closure

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
JUst not having luck with this series, are we?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
Well, Mother Nature is usually the uncontrollable factor. Man, it must be really nasty up north.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
I would say it is actually worse down south because up here, we know how to deal with snow.

Boy Funimation, you guys ever get the feeling someone is out to get you? Just no luck with this simulcast.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
Aw. I hope that power and everything is restored as soon as possible.

I've never experienced an power outage for more than a couple of days. (back when we had three inches of freezing rain back in December of 2007, in which we were very lucky that power was restored that quick) However, I do know it sucks.

We had a blizzard up here in Oklahoma. Everything has shut down. =P

Now, I also hope that the One Piece Simulcast still goes as planned.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Even though I am not watching the streams of the show, I do hope Funimation can start streaming again soon.

Though I do have to beg the question,

How long until the FPC tells Funimation to take down the streams because they can't control the weather.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it's going to affect Funimation's YouTube streams. Although those don't seem to come out on as regular a schedule.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
How long until the FPC tells Funimation to take down the streams because they can't control the weather.

Laughing Nice!
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm in texas right now and form what I can see it that it's not that much of an issue of heeps of snow falling everywhere, there is like an inch at max 2 inches of snow on the road.

The thing is that it's supper cold.... well for Texas it's cold, 17 to 7 degrees in the mornings and the sun is no where to be seen. On top of that Texas has no experience with snow so they don't know how to deal with it. On top of that, everyone is just snugged up in their houses right now due to the cold. No one is going to work. Heck I'm originally form Siberia Russia and I don't want to go outside right now.

I just think every one is waiting out the storm because they aren't expecting it to go on for too long. So why push yourself for these few days you can have a few sick days off of work.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

Shortly unless you start watching the stream! Laughing
Daizo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
The real question in this case is why FUNi's streaming system isn't completely automated to avoid things like this. I mean, they should get the material at least a week in advance, so even with a three-day closure they ought to have had the episode ready and sitting on a non-public server waiting for the automated publishing on Thursdays.
Mr Fingers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they have centralised all their stuff because they're paranoid about their superfailure of doom a while ago...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:37 pm Reply with quote
A week in advance?

I wouldn't be so sure about that...
darcerin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I missed the story where they restored the stream, but I'm glad it's back!

I would rather have a delayed stream this time around rather than people in the hospital because they raced to put it up then had an accident getting there (or getting home). It's not worth it, so I'm glad they're at home right now.

Stay safe guys. We can sit tight for the time being! (although patiently might be tossed out the window!)
Daizo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Mr Fingers wrote:
Maybe they have centralised all their stuff because they're paranoid about their superfailure of doom a while ago...

Still, automating something like this in an entirely secure manner is incredibly easy.

Then again, I'm not really surprised considering that IVTC seems to still be some sort of black magic to every R1 releaser ever, which is why all R1 DVDs continue to be hard telecined despite that fact that doing IVTC and using soft telecine would be nothing but beneficial to the quality...

EDIT: I find this segment of the linked article rather funny considering FUNimation's recent actions...
Quote:
ANN: How are you going to deal with the potential comparison that people may make between your legal actions and the RIAA ?

The RIAA typically went after individuals who downloaded the content. Our focus is to enforce our rights by notifying the groups which distribute the infringing content (torrent sites, fansub groups, IRC, illegal anime streaming/downloading sites, counterfeit DVDs sellers.)
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I blame the fansubbers! It's their fault we're getting snow, thus having to cancel the stream! They won't let us have aaaaaaaanything!

(obvious joker is obvious)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3