• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Princess Tutu 1-26 (d)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderbird-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Aww... man. You didn't get both the sub and the dub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! Anyone who doesn't already own at least one copy of the complete series on DVD needs to watch this right away so they change their mind about it maybe sucking because of the silly series name and then buy the DVD series because in the end, you will anyway.

Or you could cut out the middle man and go get this from The Right Stuf right now!
Otaking09

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quote
This is indeed a classic ANN!

I still find this to be much more wholesome than Aria.

One weakness(or oddity) is casting Jay Hickman as Mytho. Even though I think Jay was ADV's best actor, I can't help but think they were drunk or something...

Everything else is primo! Hard to believe one of the most profound and amazing animes is something everyone can enjoy!
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Ha, I actually just finished watching this on Hulu last week for the first time. I'm going to try to buy the set when possible, but that might not be for a while yet. Still, it is number one on my to-buy list right now. A really beautiful series. While it sometimes seemed a little silly, it was an undeniably amazing show. I think it would defy people's expectations even if it... Well, had a title that was a little easier for people to take seriously. Don't be dissuaded from it!

Yeah, hopefully, it can get some more love, because it definitely deserves it.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Great choice, what a beautiful series!
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:28 pm Reply with quote
This is easily in the top ten for my favorite anime series. I bought the series back in the day when ADV was releasing it volume by volume. It freaked me out that they almost didn't release the final volume because of the poor sales.

Quote:
One weakness(or oddity) is casting Jay Hickman as Mytho. Even though I think Jay was ADV's best actor, I can't help but think they were drunk or something...

I strongly agree. I usually don't harp too much on dubs, but Hickman's Mytho was embarrassing to listen to.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME. This is, hands down, my favorite anime. It was an immediate buy for me, and I'm so happy to see it get more attention.

Watch it people. The dub is actually quite good. And you should seriously consider buying it for all of the amazing extras (especially the bloopers... Laughing Man, they're hilarious!)

Man, I wish this series had a Limited Edition. As it it, I'm gonna be buying the Paul Champagne box just to pretty up my collection and give it the kind of box it deserves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I love this series and own the complete series on DVD. I highly recommend watching this. Don't let the name fool you.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Thank you ANN, I've wanted to see this for awhile, but was unsure if I should blind buy it. I saw a couple video reviews and it looked interesting, but I never like to blind buy a series, now I can watch it free legally, which makes me happy.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote
kiwigreeneyes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote
This is great! Love this series. I didn't think I'd like it, because of the title. Then I saw it was from the same director as Sailor Moon (one of my favorite anime) AND I took a look at the cast of the dub. Luci Christian is pure genius. Mytho was... okay. Maybe if it hadn't been for the fact that the rest of the cast was so strong, his performance wouldn't have seemed so... lackluster.

Vic Mignogna 's Femio was hilarious! I can't think of any other VAs that could have pulled off that character as well as he did. Reminded me of Tamaki.
Starre257

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
YES! THIS!! This series is amazing!! Also yay for it being the dub. The dub is great. (I liked Jay Hickman, for the record. I thought he pulled off spoiler[Creepy!]Mythos in the second half, amazingly.)

kiwigreeneyes wrote:

Vic Mignogna 's Femio was hilarious! I can't think of any other VAs that could have pulled off that character as well as he did. Reminded me of Tamaki.

I remember before they announced the Ouran cast everyone knew Tamaki would be played by Vic and some people were really against it, and the ones that weren't against it told the people who were to watch that episode, to see why he would make a great Tamaki.
corgigrape

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:28 am Reply with quote
For anyone who hasn't watched this, now is the time! (Although I haven't listened to the dub.) Several years ago I saw the episode with Anterina and thought, what the @#!* is this? But my anime club in college watched it last year and I fell in love. Especially with Fakir. I don't buy many series because I don't like to rewatch many things, but this I had to have, and as soon as I bought a copy saw the whole thing again. There are some annoying parts where some of the characters are overly silly, but the story is timeless. If you haven't seen it, give it a few episodes before deciding if you like it.
Saturn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 am Reply with quote
aww, I was hoping this would be an announcement that the subs were available, since I saw the dub was up already. Damn :\ I saw the first several eps and really liked it, but I hated the dub, so I guess I won't bother.
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote
Yesssss! This is literally the best show ever. Everybody must watch it!

For those hungering for the subbed version, the complete collection is less than thirty bucks on RightStuf right now. I promise that it's worth the buy; this is a show that just gets better with every episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3