• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Jared Padalecki to Dub Entire Supernatural Anime Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I certainly hope we do get a U.S. release... Wonder why Jensen isn't dubbing the whole thing?
taraterrrific

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote
seriously, whats the point if he's only in the LAST two? kinda dumb...
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that's a really strange state of affairs. Still, lucky for Supernatural fans that Warner Brothers is at least making the effort to get the original actors to reprise their animated roles, since Padalecki is fully involved.

Last edited by Big Hed on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:28 pm Reply with quote
...Odd that Ackles is dubbing the last two. I hope it doesn't sound too off with two VAs switched randomly at the end. Nice that Padalecki is in it throughout, though.

I'm fairly interested in buying this. I hope we get a nice US release...
thefuturemrsuzumaki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I've only watched a few episodes of the live-action show and liked what I saw.

Hope there's a US release! ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Eivion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
That is surprising, if one of the two chose to dub the whole thing I figured it would have been Ackles.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:02 am Reply with quote
Japan is running out of ideas when they have to resort to animating Hollywood live-action shows! Laughing
atunderdogk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:36 am Reply with quote
Alright so if Padalecki is dubbing 22 episodes, then it's safe to say there's an English dub track. Does that mean there's going to be a different voice for Dean in the first 20 episodes then and Jensen in the last 2? And I wonder if they are going to be English or if there's actually going to be a Engrish dub. Although I would love to hear Jensen and Jared do the voices, since it's an anime, watching it dubbed in Japanese will feel pretty natural regardless.

But if we do in fact end up getting it stateside, then I'm sure Jensen will be dubbing the rest. It's probably scheduling conflicts or something at the moment most likely.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:09 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
That is surprising, if one of the two chose to dub the whole thing I figured it would have been Ackles.

I know, right? I recently saw Batman: Under the Red Hood, and he was pretty good in it. He obviously has interest in voice acting, but as someone said, it's likely a scheduling conflict.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 am Reply with quote
According to amazon.co.jp Dean is going to be voiced by someone named Andrew Farrar. (Scroll down to Cast/Staff)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 am Reply with quote
atunderdogk wrote:
Alright so if Padalecki is dubbing 22 episodes, then it's safe to say there's an English dub track.

The article says "the DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases of the anime will launch in Japan on February 23 with Japanese/English soundtracks and Japanese/English subtitles"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
What? What's he doing that's so important in his career that he can't go to a studio to do voice work for a day or two? I'm hoping he just hasn't "announced" it yet, cause otherwise this is rather disappointing for Supernatural fans. It'll be even more weird to have Dean's VA switch for two episodes at some point.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
What? What's he doing that's so important in his career that he can't go to a studio to do voice work for a day or two? I'm hoping he just hasn't "announced" it yet, cause otherwise this is rather disappointing for Supernatural fans. It'll be even more weird to have Dean's VA switch for two episodes at some point.

You clearly don't know how this job works if you think it takes "a day or two" to dub 22 episodes. FUNimation will spend a year on twenty-someodd-episode series.
daichi383

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
PBsallad wrote:
According to amazon.co.jp Dean is going to be voiced by someone named Andrew Farrar. (Scroll down to Cast/Staff)

Andrew Farrar as in Annakin Slayd/Andrew Farrar or is it another guy? Confused
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Japan is running out of ideas when they have to resort to animating Hollywood live-action shows! Laughing

Seems fair given how often Hollywood straight up rips off anime for it's movies. At least this show is actually an adaptation of Supernatural, rather than just stealing the premise and creating a knock off, as would happen were the situation reversed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2