• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dr.Master is likely closing down

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Facesforce

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
A simple word for those who have not heard. The local manga publishing company known as DrMaster Publications may be or is shutting down. It seems that TRSI has not been able to get any contact to them in over a month and along with these three facts as follows: A. The company's phone/customer service has been seemingly disconnected. B. It seems not only is TRSI having trouble contacting them over shipments long overdue but a couple of other small anime stores on the net including their own personal discount store and C.There has been no new releases/messages/annoucements on the wired since May, including on their twitter site where the normally talk to people or else-wares. I believe it is safe to assume that they are either closed down or having a financial crisis, in which case we may never see the next Tsukihime manga or Catorgory: Freaks manga anytime soon.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Facesforce wrote:
A simple word for those who have not heard. The local manga publishing company known as DrMaster Publications may be or is shutting down. It seems that TRSI has not been able to get any contact to them in over a month and along with these three facts as follows: A. The company's phone/customer service has been seemingly disconnected. B. It seems not only is TRSI having trouble contacting them over shipments long overdue but a couple of other small anime stores on the net including their own personal discount store.

I'm not sure where you received this information, but we had contact today with DRMaster, and we've had pretty good luck with receipts from them lately. I have a call in to ask them if there are any issues, but I am not aware of these. Are you waiting on a backordered item?
Facesforce

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Experiences and research for the last month. I did mention it was only a likely possibility, but I did have an order on back order from TRSI for the last two months, which led me to cancel my order and begin looking and researching across the net. I had some other friends order products from Dr.Master on various retail sites that had also mysteriously not received word of any shipments. Even a phone call to your customer service revealed that your company had trouble contacting Dr.Master. I was even further convinced to believe that they were suffering economic trouble when I personally called their customer service line three times, only to find that they had lost the number. Ironically, the number was not on any of their pages, but on a small isolated forum that led back to the yellow pages and revealed that the number was truly connected to their small publishing facility. They have had no true presence on the internet which was still openly communicating through twitter and their home page was dreadfully never updated from the end of last year. All of this soon led me to believe the most obvious motion of events that led to a probable period of trouble for their company and even possibly a complete shut down of production. I am at the very least, sorry if this struck you as a definite truth. That is the reason alone I posted that they are "likely" closing down. Thank you for shedding some light on this matter, as their has been several people with similar concerns. I believe that this topic should be wrote off the as a false speculation on my behalf, after studying the only evidence I was presented at hand. Thank you very much, my good sir.
ashfire32

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Is there any word on DR Masters Publications. I know that there has not been any new manga from them so either they are regrouping or joining or selling out to another company. It seems that publishing companies for manga or getting to be few and you get a manga and get into it and then the next part of the series doesn't arrive.
I know sometimes it takes a while to get the art and story ready for a manga before its published and ready for distributing.
I had hoped to see another Puri Puri graphic novel for that series.
naniwhale

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I like to know too as well, I collect there divine melody series. I hope they still bring out the rest of them Sad
Facesforce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Its a shame, but they really have shut down. Sorry guys, but I stopped by thier facility when I was visiting a friend in calafornia, and for sale signs were all over the building.
Guess I will never get the next Tsukihime gn after all.
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's too bad. Their site is still up http://www.drmasterbooks.com/ so someone must be handling stock/maintenance of whatever's left of the business. It's been over a year since their last release, so not surprised, but still sad to here confirmation-of-sorts if that is indeed the case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1