• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex Offers Replacements for Garden of Sinners Box

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
John Casey wrote:
...So, uh, let me get this straight.

People forked over $400 dollars...for what is effectively defective shit...?

...Aniplex....Aniplex......

No, they forked over $400 for something where one item in the premium set, in this case the box, might have some cosmetic damage, and instead of saying "Oh, it's just a minor thing, so the box isn't perfect." Aniplex realizes that for $400, people deserve a perfect product, so they're offering a replacement for the box if people have damage to theirs. Unless you're saying that you think people paid $400 for the box, which is the only item that might have damage, then no, people did not fork over $400 for defective shit.

Yes, for $400, people SHOULD demand a perfect product.

So, no matter how much they try to fix it with replacement boxes or something, the fact is, this was a clumsy release. A hilariously expensive one at that.

Last edited by John Casey on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZenAmako

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
You only forked over $400 for a box if all you were buying was the packaging because you already watched the films illegally. The main thing you are paying for is the content on the discs, believe it or not.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Jesus, John Casey, you really are piece of work, aren't you? Your nose has been out of joint over this release ever since it was announced and in your self-appointed role as resident pissant, of course you have to come in here to spread around some of your scummy schadenfreude. The people who actually ponied up for this product have a right to complain, not envy-riddled whiners who call purchasers of this product "stupid." Always the class act, Lil Johnny, always the class act.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
100% of the Funimation products that I order from Amazon.com come in a worse condition than what the article described. I wish they were as nice as Aniplex.
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Jesus, John Casey, you really are piece of work, aren't you? Your nose has been out of joint over this release ever since it was announced and in your self-appointed role as resident pissant, of course you have to come in here to spread around some of your scummy schadenfreude. The people who actually ponied up for this product have a right to complain, not envy-riddled whiners who call purchasers of this product "stupid." Always the class act, Lil Johnny, always the class act.

First off, don't call me a pissant. Secondly, the fact that you were the first person to refer to me as that nullies the statement as "self-appointed." Thirdly, I will rant about this release for as long as people continue to justify it. Fourthly...what are you gonna do about it? Very Happy Snark your way unto my submission?

I have every right to be upset about something if I so choose - the more screwups, the more I'll hit them. Oh...wait. But I'm a thin-walleted peasant, no? Aw. I guess that means I'm lawfully prohibited from experiencing the emotion known as "anger." Shucks...

I sincerely apologize, Nobility of Anime News Network. I'll do best to keep my mind to my place, and never ever question bullshit if I ever see it. This servant has learned his lesson.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I have great difficulty believing that I am the first person to refer to you as a pissant. The first this hour, perhaps... And you are right, of course, there is nothing I can do about you acting like a massive soap-boxing d-bag. That's up to a mod or admin to deal with if he or she so wishes. All I can do is to continue to heap withering contempt on you.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
But they could have designed the packaging so that it wouldn't have warping or peeling issues thereby avoiding this problem that the international US customers are going to have getting replacement boxes.

I have my US Chevalier D'eon box. Box and DVD slipcases are not peeling or warping.

Last edited by hikaru004 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
100% of the Funimation products that I order from Amazon.com come in a worse condition than what the article described. I wish they were as nice as Aniplex.

Wow, seriously? Now that you mention it... the one time I used Amazon to purchase--a large amount of--anime, it resulted in me receiving a copy of one of the SAC special editions minus the OST disc.
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
with if he or she so wishes. All I can do is to continue to heap withering contempt on you.

Whatever keeps your bed warmer at night.

Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

Seriously...? Never ever happened with me. Only ever had trouble with Sentai releases through Amazon. It's probably the shipping - no matter how many "fragile" or "do not bend" stamps they plaster on your package, many nuts who work at the Post Office still toss that stuff about regardless.
AkiraKaneda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:05 pm Reply with quote
About the whole "DVD is outdated" argument...

According to blu-raystats.com, a pro-Blu site, sales of BD to DVD are 19% to 81%. That's a growing market, sure. But this is not a VHS to DVD comparison. A lot of folks -- 40% of homes -- still don't even have HDTVs, so Blu is irrelevant to them.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:23 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Blood- wrote:

First off, don't call me a pissant. Secondly, the fact that you were the first person to refer to me as that nullies the statement as "self-appointed." Thirdly, I will rant about this release for as long as people continue to justify it. Fourthly...what are you gonna do about it? Very Happy Snark your way unto my submission?

I have every right to be upset about something if I so choose - the more screwups, the more I'll hit them. Oh...wait. But I'm a thin-walleted peasant, no? Aw. I guess that means I'm lawfully prohibited from experiencing the emotion known as "anger." Shucks...

I sincerely apologize, Nobility of Anime News Network. I'll do best to keep my mind to my place, and never ever question bullshit if I ever see it. This servant has learned his lesson.

Both of you will stop. Now. There will be no more responses from either of you on this subthread. People are complaining, and I'm getting tired of having to read this crap from both of you.

And for the record, I am increasingly of the opinion that those who keep insisting on beating a dead horse across multiple different threads about the same topic should find their future posts on said topic Moderated. Consider that a warning, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KN_guro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quote
The day I spend 600 bucks on one anime is the day I hope someone kills me.
kamanashi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
I've not seen any reports of problems with the set until this news post.

My set is fine and seems rather sturdy. Unless one was stupid and did not know how to get a dvd out of a case, normal usage should not lead to any problem with the packaging....

Mine was fine as well. Oh well, at least they are fixing the ones that are damaged
ZenAmako

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote
Ya know, mine has a slight curve to it too. I was having issues closing the box yesterday. I haven't noticed any peeling of the silver yet, but I'm going to be safe and get myself a replacement. This shit was just far too expensive to not have in the most pristine condition.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4