• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex Offers Replacements for Garden of Sinners Box

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
100% of the Funimation products that I order from Amazon.com come in a worse condition than what the article described. I wish they were as nice as Aniplex.

Seriously...? Never ever happened with me. Only ever had trouble with Sentai releases through Amazon. It's probably the shipping - no matter how many "fragile" or "do not bend" stamps they plaster on your package, many nuts who work at the Post Office still toss that stuff about regardless.

I tried returning them and they sent me back ones that were in worse condition than the ones I sent in. It's funny because the US Amazon ships stuff to me in secure box and it's always banged up. I purchase from Amazon.jp and it travels across the ocean in nothing but an envelope but everything arrives in mint condition.
kamanashi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

I tried returning them and they sent me back ones that were in worse condition than the ones I sent in. It's funny because the US Amazon ships stuff to me in secure box and it's always banged up. I purchase from Amazon.jp and it travels across the ocean in nothing but an envelope but everything arrives in mint condition.

Do you get them sent by USPS or UPS? I never have any problems with UPS, but when I get USPS shipping, I have no guarantee I will even get a messed up copy of something.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
kamanashi wrote:
Do you get them sent by USPS or UPS? I never have any problems with UPS, but when I get USPS shipping, I have no guarantee I will even get a messed up copy of something.

USPS. The brand new items I order (stuff that Amazon stocks, no marketplace items) come to me in a condition that mirrors stuff I've had in my collection for years.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
That's funny, my discs didnot come in a silver foil box. The box (folder actually) that holds the discs is black with a sort of velvet texture like the book. It is in fine shape.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
There is no silver foil box. The silver lettering on the (blue) felt covered disc case is what can come off too easily. The silver lettering on the (red) art book is fine.
kamanashi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote
ZenAmako wrote:

My box was fine, but now it is starting to do that. Just sent my info to RightStuf so I can get a replacement eventually.
ZenAmako

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:32 am Reply with quote
I think mine might've been fine when I first opened it too. I didn't notice anything wrong. It was the next day that I noticed the top lid was slightly bent. So maybe it was OK until it was removed from the plastic for a while...
David5807

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if those of us who had purchased the box set from the Bandai Entertainment store and not Rightstuf.com can acquire a replacement? If so, what should/can I do to receive a replacement box?
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
So, are we gonna have to send our old boxes, or do we just get a new one?

It'll be a pain to ship it back.
ZenAmako

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
In Japan, it was mentioned that they will be refunding the shipping for people who send the old box back.

I'm not really sure why they would need the old boxes back, though. If you purchased the set from TRSI, they have a record of your purchase.

I wonder if they will be changing the design of the box so the same thing doesn't happen again. It does appear that these boxes can arrive OK, and then start to warp once they've been opened.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I would assume the boxes/cases are needed back for Aniplex to file claims for reimbursement. Someone fucked up in manufacturing. It's not as if Aniplex owns printing presses and manufacturing facilities for these things; someone screwed up at a factory somewhere. That would seem to be the most likely reason they need the boxes back. Anyhow, you'll likely be reimbursed for shipping (or if they're smart, they'll just provided pre-paid mailing labels).
kamanashi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:47 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
(or if they're smart, they'll just provided pre-paid mailing labels).

I'm thinking thats what they will do. Reimbursement of shipping would be too much of a hassle in my opinion.

Either way though, I don't mind. I care more about the art book and disk more, and they are just fine. Would still like to have a nice box though.
Sunyata

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Im hoping that they will replace the 5th movie "Paradox Paradigm". The first 25 minutes of the film has serious video quality issues like pixelation of both video and subtitles.
ZenAmako

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:05 am Reply with quote
Sunyata wrote:
Im hoping that they will replace the 5th movie "Paradox Paradigm". The first 25 minutes of the film has serious video quality issues like pixelation of both video and subtitles.

My copy is fine.
Sunyata

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I know, so is my friends who says his is ok as well. When I get the chance ill post some video on youtube of the problem. It is just a defective disc I think.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4