• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Coffee Samurai, Hoshizora Kiseki, Allison & Lillia

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Okay...WHY are they calling Hoshizora Kiseki "Coffee Samurai"? The anime isn't even about samurais or coffee! Mad But still, I'm happy it's getting licensed and released to the US.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Coffee Samurai doesn't seem to fit the description of that show. Anime hyper But definitely sparks my interest. ^^ I may have to make it a blind-buy purchase of mine at A-Cen this year.

Oh, and INB4 sub-only whiners.

EDIT: Only $20? Yeah, definitely getting picked up. ^^

Last edited by Aura Ichadora on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Allison & Lillia? Really? That's great! I remember enjoying this one quite a bit when it came out, and had given up a lot of hope of seeing it licensed. Section 23 is definitely bringing me a lot of stuff I want, so I'll have to make sure to reward their good taste.
mastertr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Sentai Filmworks will be dubbing Hoshizora Kiseki with the help of New Voice Productions Laughing

Nice to see Allison and Lillia getting released as well, sub-only or not.

Last edited by mastertr on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
BOYCOTT!! unless the shows get dubbed. Cheap company -.-'
mastertr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

More like smart company. Dubbing either one of these titles would be a tremendous waste of money. Now, if Allison and Lillia succeeds and makes it worth Sentai's money and time to dub it, that might change, but considering the nature of both of these shows, I wouldn't count on seeing a dub.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

In addition, calling Hoshizora Kiseki "coffee Samurai" makes absolutely zero sense. Doesn't take a genius to figure out neither have anything with the series at all. I mean if your going to make up a title, at least make a title that is at least somewhat relevant to the series. And if you can't do that, then just keep the original Japanese title. I've heard of pretty off beat titles, but this easily the most weirdest one I've seen in years, maybe ever.

I know Sentai is trying to cut costs everywhere, but just throwing words together randomly and the title itself has nothing to do with the show almost makes it seem like Sentai didn't consult experienced and knowledgeable translators and instead asked one of their maintenance workers who may or may not be tired then.
Whoomp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Booo at the person that wrote this article. Coffe Samurai is the title of another series from Comix Wave and not an alternate title of Hoshizora Kiseki. They will be bundled together on the same disc when Sentai releases them in "R1-land".
Redlinks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
EDIT: Just reread the announcement. That's cool that they're being released I guess. At least we'll finally be able to watch these legally!

Still sucks that these titles will probably never see the light of day of getting an english dub.

Last edited by Redlinks on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Whoomp wrote:
Booo at the person that wrote this article. Coffe Samurai is the title of another series from Comix Wave and not an alternate title of Hoshizora Kiseki. They will be bundled together on the same disc when Sentai releases them in "R1-land".
I see the Press Release article with further information - that makes a LOT more sense. Anime hyper
But both stories sound interesting to me - one sounds sweet and romantic, the other just sounds cute and funny.

EDIT: AKA this one for those who are curious as to what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Aura Ichadora on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
EDIT: Just read the PR again. It's two ONA's on one disc.

Anyway, I've never heard of either of these, but they sound interesting. I will likely check them out when they become available. Considering these are both very low key titles, I can't blame them for releasing them sub-only. I'd rather have a sub-only release than no release at all.

Also I see Guin Saga is getting finished in May as well. I hope they are able to do a bluray soon, but I will settle for the DVDs until then. It's also good to see Ghost Sweeper Mikami getting finished.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Another CoMix Wave title? Why do i think that this was a package deal with The Asylum Session?
mudduck454

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
if they were going to pick up an astonomy anime, then they should have grabbed sora no manimani,
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Hoshizora Kiseki looks kind of nice. Has anyone here seen it?

mastertr wrote:
I wonder if Sentai Filmworks will be dubbing Hoshizora Kiseki with the help of New Voice Productions Laughing

I knew that name was ringing a bell from somewhere.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Neither do anything for me, but I'm happy for those waiting for them to be licensed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3