• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Author: Hayao Miyazaki Planning to Direct Next Work

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassKuroi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for next Miyasaki-sensei work!
Mister V

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:43 am Reply with quote
I bet one of Goro Miyazaki's future works will involve a boy who has a serious conflict with his father. Maybe even seeing seeking to prove his worth. Damn, we might see another Eva from him in a while (come on, "demonstrate his true worth" because the first work was just "beginner's luck"?.. doesn't seem like everything's all right with their relationship...).
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Sweet I cant wait for Miyasaki next work but for it to come to the US it mite be in 2015 when it come here
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Anime epic, huh? Sound promising.
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Can I get a HECK YEAH? Seriously, this just made my day so much better...
toru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Toshio Suzuki already revealed that Ghibli will take last two years and create an epic film.
http://www2.toho-movie.jp/movie-topic/1012/07kokuriko_sk.html
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, life often plays the horrible joke of letting down our expectation. All (or most, if I am mistaken) of the works that Ghibli produced in the past few years were unoriginal works, stuffs they took from other novels or media, and I got to say they didn't seem too good to me compared to like Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke.

Hopefully, Miyazaki is gonna do an original work, because that is the only way he can pull off an epic film.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

I have to admit, this made me laugh as well, though probably Miyazaki had been in the kitchen, and the road was a quiet street and he was just keeping a look-out for his visitor, .......at least, I hope that is what it was.

Truthfully, I get excited over anything this studio (Ghibli) produces.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to his next film. "Beginners's luck", now what a nice thing to say. Considering that not everyone liked 'Tales of Earthsea'. I liked it and so did those angst ridden Japanese who bashed the author blog awhile back just for a little criticism of her own work. I think he did ok for a start. It was different but he's not his dad. Of course that's the problem when you're going up against mountain.
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I too hope it is not based on anything like a novel so I won't do a WTF when I see someone making a mess of some decent novels *cough Howl cough Earthsea* I also don't want to get hyped up and be let down like Howl.
nynextew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Honestly, life often plays the horrible joke of letting down our expectation. All (or most, if I am mistaken) of the works that Ghibli produced in the past few years were unoriginal works, stuffs they took from other novels or media, and I got to say they didn't seem too good to me compared to like Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke.

Hopefully, Miyazaki is gonna do an original work, because that is the only way he can pull off an epic film.

Wait, am I mistaken to think that Ponyo was a pretty good film and also original. I mean, sure it was loosely based off of "The Little Mermaid," but that doesn't make it any less original. Sure, Miyazaki is gathering inspiration from other places, but it's not like it's a remake.... at least I don't think of it that way.
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited to see Miyazaki's next work, but I'm also excited for one of the "works by young creators" The Legend of the Bamboo Cutter Smile
E-Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see his next film be action related, but I don't care what genre it'll be cause I'll still look forward in seeing his next film.

Until then I hope to hear news about other Ghibli films getting Blu-Ray releases for the US region other than the upcoming Nausicaa Blu-Ray I'll be purchasing. I'll get excited if something like Princess Mononoke get a US Blu-ray release with maybe more bonus features than the DVD had.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:49 am Reply with quote
If Miyazaki's next movie is a masterpiece, he should retire right afterward, to go out on a high note.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2