• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds 3rd Sgt. Frog Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote
MrHatandClogs wrote:
jmaeshawn wrote:
Although I think it's dumb that they went and hired an English voice actor for Haibara for the Detective Conan Wii game if they weren't planning on doing the episodes that she is in...

She's in movies 3-6 that they dubbed, so that's a lot of VA work she did for the role, besides the Wii game.

Theres a Detective Conan game IN ENGLISH!? Shocked
Where can I find it? I must have it!
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
This made my night.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Hardgear wrote:
Awesome!

Now all they need to do is announce more Shinchan!

And release the rest of Kodocha![/pipe dream]

I'm not a fan of Sgt. Frog, but I'm glad that FUNi is at least attempting to get further with it.

Same here.

Also, as long as we're dreaming, gimme the rest of D.Gray-man, Higurashi Kai, and XXXHolic: Kei while you're at it Funi!
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Same here.

Also, as long as we're dreaming, gimme the rest of D.Gray-man, Higurashi Kai, and XXXHolic: Kei while you're at it Funi!
xxxHolic: Kei AND the OVAs - never leave one without the others. Dear god, I'd be a happy girl with a first-day pre-order if Funi ever gets these.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote
YES YES YES! MOTHA ****IN YES! Sgt Frog is back in business!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:34 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
TheHTRO wrote:
a bunch of rubbish...
gotta say, that is the stupidest excuse for not buying a dvd i have ever heard of.

Have to agree. Every time I think I've seen the "most stupid reason ever," something else comes by and snags that title a while later. Some people pick up the most useless of causes/complaints Rolling Eyes .

Well, I guess I'll pick back up on Sgt Frog with this news. I started it a while ago and thought it was pretty amusing (the parody of Eva's ep 24 was a riot!), but I just sort of drifted away somewhere else. I have nothing else to do tonight:
*goes off to FUNi's Video Portal*

Final Note: A bit of realism:
Case Closed TV is done. You've been told several times now by FUNi themselves that season 6 will not be licensed. It's time to shed a tear and move on...
GordanHam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:03 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
GordanHam wrote:
While I don't expect to see a show like D. Gray-Man get announced for quite some time, I was surprised to see a third season of SGT. Frog was announced before a third season of Kenichi.

There is no 3rd season of Kenichi. That show only had 50 episodes all of which have already been released by FUNi across two 25-episode seasons.

GordanHam wrote:
Also, did FUNimation say they wanted to continue releasing the tv series for Case Closed and that is why they went through the effort of releasing so many of the movies to test the waters on whether they could bring the show back. I'm guessing the movies just didn't sell well enough.

No, they said the movies actually sold pretty well and that they may continue to release those, but the TV series didn't, hence the cancellation. Although I do think they said they liked the show, but it just wasn't selling well enough to make a profit and offset dubbing costs, which is sad because its one of my favorite shows Crying or Very sad

Haha. Thank you. I got confused and thought kenichi had 103 episodes like D. Gray Man. I think it is better to shonen series only running a for 26-52 episodes now. That way the terrible amounts of unreasonable filler like in D. Gray Man can be avoided.
Skullflame

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:41 am Reply with quote
I approve! Now bring Keroro RPG for the DS to the US!! Yeah I know it's not funi's department but I want it so bad >.<
Skullflame

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:42 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

Theres a Detective Conan game IN ENGLISH!? Shocked
Where can I find it? I must have it!

I think it's a euro release.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:41 am Reply with quote
TheHTRO wrote:
They're likely going to do what they did before and split up what is really the second season into a season "3" and "4". In any case (and I don't know about anyone else), I find it insulting that Funimation would take the 51 episode 1st season and split in two, calling the second half the "2nd season". That's not how the episodes were organized or "marketed" in Japan. This was actually why I decided not to get the DVDs.

That's a lousy excuse, dude.
It's obvious to anyone listening to the sets where the seasons end. I sure noticed. So if you want to watch them in batches that match the Japanese, do it.
You're still paying less for the Funi sets than the Japanese dvds. I was pissed off there were only 10 eps on the last Gintama set, but I note it ended the first season. (So Section 23 or Sentai or whichever former ADV entity it is couldn't have split the eps better? 10 Gintama eps is not enough. And where's Season 2?)

Yeah! Frogs!
prabb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
Thank you, Funi! Keroro is one of my all-time favorites so I'll be sure to pick this one up as well. <3
omnistry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
Yes! FUNimation is a phenomenal job with "Sgt. Frog," so I'm glad to see that they're gonna continue dubbing the show.

It's become the gateway series to show my friends who aren't into anime.
Razzuel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 am Reply with quote
Woo hoo, more Sgt. Frog! I was afraid that they might have dropped it. Hopefully Sgt. Frog does well enough this time, so that they don't have to scare us again like that. I know I'll be buying this the first day it's released.
dawgstar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote
Razzuel wrote:
Woo hoo, more Sgt. Frog! I was afraid that they might have dropped it. Hopefully Sgt. Frog does well enough this time, so that they don't have to scare us again like that. I know I'll be buying this the first day it's released.

I got the impression from hearing interviews on the ANNCast and such, and admittedly that's all that it is, is that they've not been putting out seasons not because they think it wouldn't do well but because of shenanigans on the other side of the Pacific.

Anyhoo, Sgt. Frog is one of my favorite things ever, so this rocks.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Hardgear wrote:
Awesome!

Now all they need to do is announce more Shinchan!

While I don't like Sgt. Frog, I agree that more Shin Chan would be money would spent, both for the consumers and Funimation. It takes a lot for me to laugh at some of the jokes in anime/manga today and frankly, a lot of jokes aren't even remotely funny these days.

Shin Chan is a truly a rare exception these days. There were times I had to literally go backwards because the line was so hilarious, so well written and so well executed I could not stop laughing for minutes.

And since Chris Sabat was in the show, that was another reason to support the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4