• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Syfy Channel Lists Star Blazers TV Show in April

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Cool well at less there playing a classic
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I think i've heard about this, but i'm not sure. At least they proved me wrong and we're getting an actual anime block back on the air.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sonickid101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote
wow this is awesome, I'm doing a presentation on Star Blazers for a science fiction literature course at my college so I can advertise this, great timing ffor me.
I feel silly for making fun of Syfy for showing Chrono Crusade now, "HAHA THATS OLD!!" Laughing
YoSoyJaponesa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Cool! Sound's good!
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as this is news to the rights holders I call colossal mistake.
Midwestern Tanuki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if came true. Then maybe the price on the boxsets would come down.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Now that would be awesome, Starblazers back on tv Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
batou65

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:26 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
I think i've heard about this, but i'm not sure. At least they proved me wrong and we're getting an actual anime block back on the air.

What do you mean? They've been showing anime on Monday nights at that time for a few years.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I wish somebody would make an uncut, accurate, better-acted Space Battleship Yamato English dub and that could be aired.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I am looking to watching Star Blazers I only hope they don't censor it. Surprised
Ranma87

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
This news is half good and half bad to me.

I liked the original series but this is a really old really cheesy dub that didn't hold up to well.
PMDR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:14 am Reply with quote
Whether Voyager knows about it may or may not matter too much. It depends on who actually owns the broadcast rights, or at least, who owns the right to sell the broadcast license.

Many TV shows are sold from company to company to company without regard to who originally made the show. Shows are like furniture that gets sold from one store to another to another before it finally goes home with somebody. It is entirely possible that the broadcast rights for a show to end up with a company that didn't make the show.

This can be a good thing in cases where the original company no longer exists. The show will live on. Maybe. If the sales people care about what they have and manage to sell it.

All that said, Voyager tends to like to own ALL aspects of their properties. So it is a surprise to me if they don't know about someone else having the ability to resell their show. Honestly, who else but Voyager would even have broadcast masters at this point?

One would hope Comcast/SyFy/NBC legal vetted and cleared whatever deal was being worked. But stranger things have happened. If it becomes a big mess, they will simply show something else. They have a big pool of shows to run if needed. Voyager has not yet been injured, except by reminding people their show still exists. Perhaps it will sell some DVDs.
stararnold

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:15 am Reply with quote
Nice to hear that another old school anime legend is finally been given a chance of being re-aired on U.S. during this age after a long time without re-airings. I wonder if it will be digitally remastered.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
batou65 wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

What do you mean? They've been showing anime on Monday nights at that time for a few years.

I mean, we only got "Monster" and another show on Ani-Monday for many years, and now we're getting three shows in one block.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:38 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I wish somebody would make an uncut, accurate, better-acted Space Battleship Yamato English dub and that could be aired.

Daydream believer. Wink

marcos torres toledo wrote:
I am looking to watching Star Blazers I only hope they don't censor it. Surprised

*ROFLOL!* Thanks! I needed a laugh (seeing as how "Star Blazers" IS the censored rewrite of "Space Battleship Yamato"). Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3