• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Borders Inuyasha Exclusives

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kouga13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know where a border's or warden books is in the GTA, or if someone knows their web site?
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Right here.
aceface

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:13 pm Reply with quote
If you mean the Greater Toronto Area, Borders does not have stores in Canada. I'm pretty sure they don't have Waldenbooks up there either. I would guess that this deal is for US stores only in that case, and that you might be able to find these special editions in different stores in Canada.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I have checked Borders/Waldenbooks/Amozan site and it doesn't have it listed, but then again the limited ediition was announced. I hope it will be on their site. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Snowpaws

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little disappointed with the special edition package. The "special lenticular cover" is a separate sheet that is slightly larger than the dvd case, so it won't actually fit inside the clear plastic cover. It has a cool 3-D effect, but nothing really moves or changes.
YashaPinhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I went to the local Border store today and was amazed at the selection. (North Illinois USA). My Gr. Daughter wanted the Iny Movie for her B Day (Sat 9/18) and I was lucky, got the last one.
To Snowpaws - I kind of like the cover.

To the point. I asked about the event on Sept 19th, and not a soul in the store knew about any exclusive release. As for OnLine, Neither Bor or Waldon has a presence, they both use Amazon for sales. I was told that if you visit a store site you may be able to order from it, BUT most people that order from the local store pick up the items. The folks at this store,tough nice and smiley, said they have never shipped from their location. Go Figure.

I will be at the store on Sunday just in case they do get the items in.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:14 am Reply with quote
Anyone happen to know the price on the Demon Box (the manga/figure set)? I haven't picked up any of these figures yet and thought that this exlusive might be a good place to start. Unfortunatly Viz didn't give a price and the set isn't listed on their site. I'm guessing $20-25, but an actual price would be nice.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:38 am Reply with quote
Someone just pointed out to me that the date on the Demon Box Set is wrong, it comes out on the 17th (Friday) not the 19th (Sunday). Someone had 19 on the brain.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1