• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Box Office, February 26-27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Moviegoers watched it 81,772 times on 38 screens in two days for a box office total of 117,803,100 yen (about US$1,448,102).

Yeesh, the average movie ticket in Japan has gotten as high as $17.70?? Remind me not to complain the next time I have to shill out $7.50 for a matinee.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:47 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Yeesh, the average movie ticket in Japan has gotten as high as $17.70?? Remind me not to complain the next time I have to shill out $7.50 for a matinee.

I went to watch the Macross F movie yesterday and it was 1800 yen for the ticket. That's pretty much the average price for general admission.

As for the movie itself... There were many tsukkomi opportunities. We'll leave it at that.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:20 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
As for the movie itself... There were many tsukkomi opportunities. We'll leave it at that.

Please don't. I'm curious about the movies, since I really enjoyed the TV series. So what do you mean? Did you feel like a tsukkomi? I'm a little confused.
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:

I went to watch the Macross F movie yesterday and it was 1800 yen for the ticket. That's pretty much the average price for general admission.

Have seen it 4 times so far and thought it was a great piece of entertainment with lots of nods to old skool fans. Yes, it needed you to suspend your disbelief for fair chunks of it, but this IS a movie about transforming robots in space we are talking about. Also managed to see Kawamori twice, Mayn once, Megumi 3 times. Aya Endo 4 times, and actually met Chie Kajiura as well. Its been a crazy Macross week! lol.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote
Didn't know the Gantz movie was doing so well. Glad to hear it. Smile
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
GokuMew2 wrote:

Please don't. I'm curious about the movies, since I really enjoyed the TV series. So what do you mean? Did you feel like a tsukkomi? I'm a little confused.

I was also curious about the movies because I enjoyed the series, so after the second movie came out I went looking for reviews... and found little else than spoiler[AltoxSheryl fans gloating and either bashing Ranka or praising movie!Ranka for "not getting in the way."] I finally managed to find a non shipping biased review that said the movies were entertaining and all, but wondered what the point was in making them. ("Money, dear boy!") So I decided to just stick to the TV show lest the movies cloud my enjoyment of the series.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
I was also curious about the movies because I enjoyed the series, so after the second movie came out I went looking for reviews... and found little else than spoiler[AltoxSheryl fans gloating and either bashing Ranka or praising movie!Ranka for "not getting in the way."] I finally managed to find a non shipping biased review that said the movies were entertaining and all, but wondered what the point was in making them. ("Money, dear boy!") So I decided to just stick to the TV show lest the movies cloud my enjoyment of the series.

Aw, that makes me a little sad, I'm an spoiler[OT3] person myself in that regard. No, seriously!

Still, to me the point of making them is also to get to see the kind of crazy stuff that happened in Macross Frontier's massive finale of mecha and aliens and explosions and Yoko Kanno on a BIG SCREEN.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1