• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New FFVII Game Announced

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schunoko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:41 am Reply with quote
any word on what system?
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:44 am Reply with quote
Ah, rummors become reality. Should be on the PS2.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:46 am Reply with quote
Schunoko wrote:
any word on what system?
PS2
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:56 am Reply with quote
The amount of expansion that FFVII is getting is rediculous. It was a good game, but it's WAY highly overrated. It's not fair to the other games in the series, especially the ones with undeveloped stories (CoughFFVIIIcough).

At least Vincent is decently cool. Cloud is definently one of the most overrated characters in history.

Sephiroth as well. Really, he spends almost the entire game spoiler[as Jenova's puppet]. Also, a 5 min long super move which doesn't instantly kill isn't a very cool move. =/

Last edited by Shiki MSHTS on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:58 am Reply with quote
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
The amount of expansion that FFVII is getting is rediculous. It was a good game, but it's WAY highly overrated. It's not fair to the other games in the series, especially the ones with undeveloped stories (CoughFFVIIIcough).

At least Vincent is decently cool. Cloud is definently one of the most overrated characters in history.

I agree! Whatever happened to the sequel to Chrono Cross that they were talking about doing? There is other stuff they could be developing, but oh well. *goes back to playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time* Anime catgrin

~LoneWolf
king_micah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:06 am Reply with quote
Chrono cross has a sequel being worked on, they did trademark a few names, but it will prolly come out late on the PS2. Chrono games tend to be pretty late on every generation. I wonder how they can have silent protagonist with spoken dialogue?
Requiem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:50 am Reply with quote
king_micah wrote:
Chrono cross has a sequel being worked on, they did trademark a few names, but it will prolly come out late on the PS2. Chrono games tend to be pretty late on every generation. I wonder how they can have silent protagonist with spoken dialogue?

Actually last thing I heard was that Square-enix dropped the trademark that was supposedly connected to the sequal in question (Chrono Break).
sinistertaco

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:48 am Reply with quote
I doubt we'll be seeing Chrono Break anytime soon. Or ever, seeing as the majority of that development team (as well as that of Chrono Trigger and Xenogears) are no longer with Square-Enix.

As for FF VII being overplayed, eh. Nobody's forcing you to buy it or play it. Capitalism and all that.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:12 am Reply with quote
Rao, drao ymnayto syta Final Fantasy X-2, so consider that a wake-up call to any FF sequel.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:23 am Reply with quote
In 2004, Cloud will Kill Sephiroth.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:40 am Reply with quote
*dies with happiness* Anime catgrin
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:11 am Reply with quote
sinistertaco wrote:

As for FF VII being overplayed, eh. Nobody's forcing you to buy it or play it. Capitalism and all that.

Oh. I know no one is forcing me to buy or play it. I'm not even saying it's a bad game. It's just that it's so highly overrated that it kinda annoys me.

GATSU wrote:
In 2004, Cloud will Kill Sephiroth.

spoiler[...AGAIN. *Cough cough.*]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
manafairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:00 am Reply with quote
Wow, talk about milking something for all its worth. I guess since the seventh was probably the most successful (Or at least the highest praised) of the 3D Final Fantasy games, it was the given that they would try and revive it. Oh well, just like Final Fantasy X-2, I won't be buying this.....
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:43 am Reply with quote
Personally, I'm rather excited. FF7 was pretty much my first RPG, and I loved all the characters. But really, at least we're seeing a Final Fantasy movie come out that has an actual relation to game that most people like. ::Thinks of old early 90's FF OAV, FF:Spirits Within, and FF:U :: ... ::shudders::

I wish the mobile phone game could come out to the US.. or better yet, if they just made a port to PC for it.. but that's just me talking out of my butt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Dreaming

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:43 am Reply with quote
I wish that instead of a new game...why could they just not remake FF7 so that we could all replay it in its glory? I'll probably play it (can't seem to get over buying FF products...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3