• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Rock Shooter's 4-Panel Manga Launches This Week

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I was reading about this on Mikatan's official ENGLISH Good Smile Company blog this morning. They posted several textless panels from the manga, it looks cute.

They also posted the info about the new browser based SD BRS game "Puchitto Rock Shooter" (that's currently only in Japanese). Character designs are by one of the Nendoroid designers, CHANxCO. Looks kinda fun.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote
No mention of Hatsune Miku's contribution towards this? If it wasn't for her song of the same title and accompanying video of two years ago getting over 1 Million hits on Youtube and counting, I doubt this would be as big a deal as it is now.
ZeroDemio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
It's funny because they can tell the entire plot of Black Rock Shooter in just 4 panels.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
No mention of Hatsune Miku's contribution towards this? If it wasn't for her song of the same title and accompanying video of two years ago getting over 1 Million hits on Youtube and counting, I doubt this would be as big a deal as it is now.

That's because GSC seems to be determined to convince people that it was huke's art and not the Miku song that made BRS popular. The song doesn't even appear on the BRS OAV, try figuring that one out. Let's see if the song makes it into the PSP game.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote
ZeroDemio wrote:
It's funny because they can tell the entire plot of Black Rock Shooter in just 4 panels.

This. That OAV barely did anything as far as plot goes besides the usual "we're gonna be friends, and someday fight each other against our will due to superpowers".
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
That OAV barely did anything as far as plot goes besides the usual "we're gonna be friends, and someday fight each other against our will due to superpowers".

Kinda figured. Haven't seen it, but considering its simple origins, I wasn't expecting much. Glad I was right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1