• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Adds Kanokon Original Video Anime in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
Actually, I asked Media Blasters about it and they said that it wasn't dropped.

I wasn't being serious, you know? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
bored-otaku wrote:

Sorry, couldn't tell. No need to be a little snappy ass about it. My comment was meant to be informational since other people were asking about it.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
bored-otaku wrote:

Sorry, couldn't tell. No need to be a little snappy ass about it. My comment was meant to be informational since other people were asking about it.

Wow. You need to take a chill pill there, pal. I was hardly being "a little snappy ass". I was stating confusion as to why you thought I was being serious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
bored-otaku wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
bored-otaku wrote:

Wow. You need to take a chill pill there, pal. I was hardly being "a little snappy ass". I was stating confusion as to why you thought I was being serious.

I never took you as being serious. Other people were asking about it and so I made a comment. I was just restating what Media Blasters told me concerning my question about whether they dropped it or not. If you were really trying to state "confusion" you could've just as easily said that you knew it wasn't dropped and that you were just fooling around. I would've said okay and it would've been the end of it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
batou37 wrote:
We get this and still no Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei release?!? Unforgivable. I've been wanting to see it for a long time now and each time I see Media Blasters news I read it as "Media Blasters has announced (excited...finally it's the day).......(ugh aw damnit. ) Mad

No kidding. BUT what i really hope is that they'll do an eng dub for Simoun as well as for Strawberry Panic.

Other than that , this news is 50/50 . I really dont give a crap about those adult titles ( Unless it's another sequel for Bible Black or the license for Discipline Zero or a sequel for the original Discipline )

Also never heard of this magical girl series but if it's anything like Dokuro chan , I'm all for it .

and it's about time that the OVA for Kanokon was released. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

With it being dubbed means that it did well in sales.

Hopefully in the future the sequel for Queens Blade as well as Ikkitousen XX would also get licensed and include an eng dub too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
I never took you as being serious. Other people were asking about it and so I made a comment. I was just restating what Media Blasters told me concerning my question about whether they dropped it or not. If you were really trying to state "confusion" you could've just as easily said that you knew it wasn't dropped and that you were just fooling around. I would've said okay and it would've been the end of it.

If you weren't taking me seriously then why did you quote me in the first place? Seemed to me that you were directing the first part of your comment specifically at me.

And really, the fact that I added a "Anime hyper" at the end of my sentence is a strong indication that what I said was clearly a joke. Forgive me for not spelling it out for you that I was being silly. Rolling Eyes

But anywhoo....I hope that what they told you was true and that they will release Zetsubou-Sensei soon.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
bored-otaku wrote:

If you weren't taking me seriously then why did you quote me in the first place? Seemed to me that you were directing the first part of your comment specifically at me.

And really, the fact that I added a "Anime hyper" at the end of my sentence is a strong indication that what I said was clearly a joke. Forgive me for not spelling it out for you that I was being silly. Rolling Eyes

He was answering the second part of your post. That's where you made a serious face such as :/ .
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
bored-otaku wrote:

He was answering the second part of your post. That's where you made a serious face such as :/ .

Well, for that part I was being serious. First part I wasn't.
Scormio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote
Of course, as usual, I'm not familiar with some licensed series. So of course when I see a bunch of replies, I figured I should go look and see if it's some hidden gem I don't know about. And, of course, it's just people herpderping at each other over some comment.

I've heard good things of Kanokon, but I've never seen it. I might have to check it out if its getting more stuff released though.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Y'all can thank me for the dub of Punie-chan. I finally got around to ordering the sub-only version recently so OF COURSE that's when MB decides to announce a dub.

Feh, I'd thank you to pick these titles up sooner, before I give up and end up needing to double. Twisted Evil So now with that out of the way, I agree with jr0904 that it's time for you to get started on Simoun and Strawberry Panic.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:50 am Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
I've heard good things of Kanokon, but I've never seen it. I might have to check it out if its getting more stuff released though.

Really? I'd like to read those comments that say good things, because Kanokon is a terrible show. You wanna see a fanservice show, go watch Girls Bravo, Nagasarte Airantou, or Shuffle. It's not funny, the fanservice is awful, and about half way through, you're hoping Elmer Fudd comes strolling in and declares it Woodland Creature Season. Even ecchi fans have their standards, and Kanokon is way below mine.
roscuro987

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:17 am Reply with quote
why is media blaster releasing new titles when we all know that they are going out of business soon?! with all the delays and title being drop, why would they add more titles to be delay 6 to 12 months or be drop after 3 month of officially annoucing it...?!

we all agree, that when we hear media blaster, we think delay.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Scormio wrote:

Really? I'd like to read those comments that say good things, because Kanokon is a terrible show. You wanna see a fanservice show, go watch Girls Bravo, Nagasarte Airantou, or Shuffle. It's not funny, the fanservice is awful, and about half way through, you're hoping Elmer Fudd comes strolling in and declares it Woodland Creature Season. Even ecchi fans have their standards, and Kanokon is way below mine.

Kanokon (along with Ladies vs Butlers) was great precisely because it knew what it was aiming for and didn't bother with the "fluff", which is to say in this context, attempts at a serious story, serious drama, angsty romance etc which would have turned out pretty lame. It's just a fun sexy romp. Besides I wouldn't even call those other shows ecchi at all. Girls Bravo had some, but just barely. Nagasarate Airantou? Shuffle? practically no fan service. Shuffle was great as a drama/harem/romance show but certainly not as a fan service show.
Quark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Shuffle? practically no fan service. Shuffle was great as a drama/harem/romance show but certainly not as a fan service show.

I...I'm not sure if you're joking or not. To say that Shuffle! has practically no fanservice is insane. That show was full of panties and boob shots. Admittedly, not as much as something as Agent Aika, but still...
Scormio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Scormio wrote:

Mostly from friends. I'd say there tastes are of...dubious...quality. Tbh, I don't really mind ecchi, and I'd even go as far as to say I like it most sometimes. Even if it is bad, I still think I wanna watch and ep or 2. I usually try to reserve judgment for something unless I've seen it myself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3