• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Adds Kanokon Original Video Anime in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Y'all can thank me for the dub of Punie-chan. I finally got around to ordering the sub-only version recently so OF COURSE that's when MB decides to announce a dub.

Feh, I'd thank you to pick these titles up sooner, before I give up and end up needing to double. Twisted Evil So now with that out of the way, I agree with jr0904 that it's time for you to get started on Simoun and Strawberry Panic.

Ah, but here's the kicker - it only works when I'm not making a conscious effort to trip a dub. When I ordered Punie-chan it wasn't in my mind that a dub at some point was even a possibility. If I deliberately buy a series with the idea of tripping a dub, then it won't happen.

See, basically the Universe loves nothing more than to piss in my Cornflakes.
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
FWIW... fan service is showing a pantsu shot, or jiggles... ecchi is nudity AND intent, IMHO. Kanokon is always intentional about what it is showing you or where it's putting it's hands... Girls Bravo is sometimes like that, but mostly it is sweeter about it.

Anywho, I was hoping Kano OVA was part of the full season release that is coming up... Dunno that it is good enough to stand on it's own, though it was amusing. The show is a fun guilty pleasure in my eyes...
mudduck454

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
ArthurFrDent wrote:
The show is a fun guilty pleasure in my eyes...

And that is all that you have to say, when someone asks you if Konokon is a good show, most people will say they thought it was disgusting, repulsive, and not funny, but I bet behind closed doors, they are laughing their a$$es off,

just dont laugh too hard during a certain scene, or your significant other might accidentally walk in while you watch.

just tell here, the cake is a lie.........
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
@configspace
I don't think I'm asking too much for wanting an ecchi/fanservice show to have some kind of goal. I don't care if it's romance, drama, or trying to be funny, just don't be softcore hentai. I don't give a show with no goals a pass if it does absolutely nothing other than present awful ecchi content because it "knows what it is".

@mudduck454
Or maybe, juuuuuuuuuust maybe, I think it's terrible show. If I had something good to say about Kanokon, I would've said it. Don't think I'm trying to deceive people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zombie_Punk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:39 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
No kidding. BUT what i really hope is that they'll do an eng dub for Simoun as well as for Strawberry Panic.

One was confirmed for Strawberry Panic on their Facebook in December.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Zombie_Punk wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
No kidding. BUT what i really hope is that they'll do an eng dub for Simoun as well as for Strawberry Panic.

HUH??? DID that actually happen?

I never heard about that before. ANN would have said so if they had posted it on their Facebook.

If it is true , then I'm definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully Simoun would be included.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Zombie_Punk wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

HUH??? DID that actually happen?

I never heard about that before. ANN would have said so if they had posted it on their Facebook.

If it is true , then I'm definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully Simoun would be included.

I think that might be a rumor considering ANN would definitely let us know via news. I only believe in ANN's resources and since there is no news in regards to a Strawberry Panic dub then I think its only a rumor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
That what I was thinking as well though the other guy said it was on their facebook page in December.

Hopefully it is not a rumor.

Either way , kinda dissapopinted over the nay saying over the fanservice for Kanokon. They like Queens Blade and Ikkitounsen which have more extreme fanservice than Kanokon , but it's still bad? Cause it's just a harem genere? It's no love hina , but it does have it's guilty pleasures for fanservice and ecchi junkies like myself.

I like all fanservice , so I'm glad their at least doing this. Hopefully QB's sequel as well as Ikkitousen's will come next.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zombie_Punk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:36 am Reply with quote
I should have been more specific. It was confirmed in the comments about the dubs for Loveless and Kashimashi.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=466306108715&set=a.442676968715.232323.290841438715&comments&ref=mf

"This is awesome now all that needs to be done is a dubbed re-release of Strawberry Panic Very Happy"

"@ Peter that will be coming in 2011 sometime Wink."

Take it as you will but that's official enough for me.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:13 am Reply with quote
Zombie_Punk wrote:
I should have been more specific. It was confirmed in the comments about the dubs for Loveless and Kashimashi.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=466306108715&set=a.442676968715.232323.290841438715&comments&ref=mf

"This is awesome now all that needs to be done is a dubbed re-release of Strawberry Panic Very Happy"

"@ Peter that will be coming in 2011 sometime Wink."

Take it as you will but that's official enough for me.

Eh...unless there is some sort of announcement on their site, or a news article on ANN, then I'm not taking the comment seriously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3