• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Large or small, anime breasts.

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:00 am Reply with quote
In a recent thread about large breasts it occurred to me that many people like large breasts. When considering small ones, people remarked about the pervy thoughts associated with the visualization of young girls in a sexual way.

So as I understand it ,this means as long as there is an attraction to women with large breasts, or average to large breasts themselves this is not a perverted thought? Or that it is ok to treat a woman's body as a sexual object for the purpose of entertainment and pleasure because an attraction to a mature woman is healthy and normal?

My comments about breast size basically put attraction toward ALL types on equal footing. Expressing attraction for breasts, however one does it, is a type of sexual objectification of females. Most men do it, so as a way to legitimize it or dismiss the potential ethical negatives, they rationalize that it's part of their nature.

So what if you like small breasts? And may I remind everybody we are talking about anime characters.
wormraper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quote
*chuckle... you're a female by the way you right that post.... guys are not the only sex that sexualizes members of the opposite sex... I mean hunky guys without their shirts is completely non-sexual correct???

and as for size... smaller breasts has a tendency to remind someone of youth and little girls (aka pedo feeling) while larger breasts symbolize "maturity" physically and tend to go towards a more normal sexual attraction (I mean is it wrong to be sexually attracted or is any though of sexualization completely evil and horrible???)
damien007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:09 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
In a recent thread about large breasts it occurred to me that many people like large breasts. When considering small ones, people remarked about the pervy thoughts associated with the visualization of young girls in a sexual way.

So as I understand it ,this means as long as there is an attraction to women with large breasts, or average to large breasts themselves this is not a perverted thought? Or that it is ok to treat a woman's body as a sexual object for the purpose of entertainment and pleasure because an attraction to a mature woman is healthy and normal?

My comments about breast size basically put attraction toward ALL types on equal footing. Expressing attraction for breasts, however one does it, is a type of sexual objectification of females. Most men do it, so as a way to legitimize it or dismiss the potential ethical negatives, they rationalize that it's part of their nature.

So what if you like small breasts? And may I remind everybody we are talking about anime characters.

I don't have anything at all against small breasts on a character so long as the rest of the character is physically mature. The problem in Anime is that (generally speaking) characters with small breasts have a tendency to be "loli's" as in being physically very young in appearance. That is something i have a problem with, as the over-sexualisation of physically immature people is wrong on many levels, in my (and several legal systems) opinion.
Lucky_Smrt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 am Reply with quote
If I had to choose, then small ones, with a nice background to boot Smile
damien007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:53 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:

So what if you like small breasts? And may I remind everybody we are talking about Anime characters.

keep in mind the definition of the word Perverted being something that iS abnormal or different. So i know it's just semantics but yes, anything beyond what society deems to be normal (like being overly attracted to small breasts instead of large ones) is technically perverted.
Teankun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:39 am Reply with quote
Just generally natural. In real life, I am actually repulsed by big boobs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote
Teankun wrote:
I am actually repulsed by big boobs.
Especially if they're very bouncy. BOING!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote
Guess I for one do not see why other guys are so attracted to large breasts, large ones tend to turn me off with trying to get a specific reaction from male audiecne and and have little other redeemable parts. So I prefer smaller ones, yeah there is a lot of loli in that group, but it is not always so: Ryouko Ookami (Ookami-san), Shino Amakusa (SYD), Mahiru Inami (Working!), Aoi Futaba (Asobi ni), Minami Shimada (Baka Test).

I guess I find something wrong with shows saying "wow she has big knockers, she is the hottest" and it doesn't work for me.
Teankun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
Teankun wrote:
I am actually repulsed by big boobs.
Especially if they're very bouncy. BOING!

Ones that scream buy stock in Dow and Corning
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mad mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Given the choice between flat chested and torpedo boobs, I'll take flat chested every time*, thank you very much. In the real world, my preferences lie somewhere in the middle, but in terms of character design large breasts are usually just distracting and turn the character into a walking fan service joke, while less defined females usually have a bit more thought put into their design to make them appear cute/feminine.

*Well, as a general rule. It can be done well. Lucy from Fairy Tail comes to mind, for instance.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, I like all of them. Although I do differentiate between small and flat, and flat is a field I'd rather left untouched whenever possible; as long as they don't show it it's okay.
So, yeah, flat and massive breasts are out of my list, since they're either non-existent or mutant like things.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
>_>

Children. Quality > quantity. Size doesn't matter. Form matters. Smile
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I don't criticize other people for liking large breasts. In fact I acknowledge it is normal to be attracted to large breasts, as a visual cue to men that she is healthy and suitable for raising children. But I find it perverted to obsess over boobies even if attached to a woman who is obviously a mature adult.

I don't feel that attraction myself and think any pair of breasts larger than a C-cup is very unattractive. I'm quite perverted myself in that I have dirty thoughts about female characters. I'm not saying being perverted is bad or immoral, it's just a word describing what happens when you think about sexual things.

When it comes to age of characters I guess there's nothing I can do about the fact younger characters tend to have flatter chests. I like small boobies, like Mahoro's from Mahoromatic Anime smile and I really don't sweat it nor care what her age is. Most anime girls, even ones who look mature are still under 17 anyway.

Several scientific studies have been done to determine exactly what is a normal breast size and I think it falls somewhere in the C to D-cup range. One point I made before about anime characters is that if she is wearing semi-loose clothing and her breasts are small enough that there is no need to draw them, I find that very cute.
For example, the following is the character page for the Sacred Blacksmith which has many girls with differing chest sizes: http://www.blasmi.com/character/index.html
Charlotte, Margot, Penelope and both Lisas I find are the most ideal in terms of breast size.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
damien007 wrote:
I don't have anything at all against small breasts on a character so long as the rest of the character is physically mature. The problem in Anime is that (generally speaking) characters with small breasts have a tendency to be "loli's" as in being physically very young in appearance. That is something i have a problem with, as the over-sexualisation of physically immature people is wrong on many levels, in my (and several legal systems) opinion.

I agree with this 100%. Small and/or flat is fine so long as it's not a little girl. And many times, even if the character is supposed to be "older but just has the body of a young girl," they still have the maturity of a little girl which in my mind says they're still just little girls (IE: Vampire Bund and Ladies vs Butlers). It has always creeped me out. Even back before I ever knew what lollicon was, I remember watching Burst Angel and getting quite unnerved at certain shots they took of Amy Shocked .

Quote:
Guess I for one do not see why other guys are so attracted to large breasts, large ones tend to turn me off with trying to get a specific reaction from male audiecne and and have little other redeemable parts.

But the same can be argued about flat these days. Flat is a fetish and has its fans as much as voluptuous does. Why do you think they always include one or more flat girls in fanservice shows? Wink Aoi Futaba is a prime example of this, they even directly team her up with a large breasted girl for direct contrast, appealing to as many fetishes as they can.

However, if breasts get too large (Dragonaught and Witchblade), then it looks more like a deformity and becomes gross. As for big boobs done right, I will always point to Mai Tokiha from My-HiME.
Han Solo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I like big boobs and I can not lie,
You other brothers can't deny!

It's us males fault we love boobs. They're amazing! We're attracted to it and I can only blame nature or maybe a good old Fruedian reason! I Big ones, smalls ones, round ones, perky ones, pancakes, they're all good I love 'em Very HappyVery Happy

Anyway....I think artists get a kick out of drawing hot chicks. I don't mind anime girls with any size! I just think maybe the more flatter the more it does make it look like it's trying to give sexualisation to young girls, especially when they don't look physically mature...e.g no figure, shorter than the rest, but wear skimpy outfits and it is disgraceful.

I'm a leg man myself anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12