• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network News

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenchan03

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:01 pm Reply with quote
It's NOT gonna be the americanized one? wow, I wasn't really expecting that, not that I'm complaining...
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Oh man they are going to have new Inu-Yasha epiosdes on week nights, I can't stay up that long on Week night, if it said Janurary then I would been happy. But why are they strting on a Wedsnday?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:14 pm Reply with quote
That's probaby the point where the weeknight run will catch up to the new episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:30 pm Reply with quote
No, the weeknight broadcasts of Inuyasha should catch up to the new episodes sometime in mid-to-late October. It does seem to me like they've chosen an odd time to start the new episodes.

Unless the nightlies are going to go back to the start of the new block rather than the start of the series when they catch up? That might work out about right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KiraYamatoX06

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quote
InuYasha wont come back till December. The crazed Inu fans will be up in arms on the Adult Swim forum, which will make it unpleasant to visit.
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:48 pm Reply with quote
OH YAY!

I am stoaked they are not using the American version of SMC!

I hope it does well on AS.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm REALLY skeptical of how the straight dub of Super Milk-chan show will do on Adult Swim. Will there be people who will get a lot of the obscure jokes? Confused
Animefan16

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quote
lyricaldanichan wrote:
OH YAY!

There's no chance in hell. This is doomed to fail. They're showing on SUndays where all they show American comedy cartoons. No one will understand the jokes and it will only worsen tensions between Comedy and Anime fans. If they showed the Americanized version, the opposite will happen.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
lyricaldanichan wrote:
OH YAY!

There's no chance in hell. This is doomed to fail. They're showing on SUndays where all they show American comedy cartoons. No one will understand the jokes and it will only worsen tensions between Comedy and Anime fans. If they showed the Americanized version, the opposite will happen.

Is it going to be the only anime on Sunday? That would be quite odd...

And hooray for FMA getting Midnight timeslot. This warms me up. ^^;
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Crystal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! Very Happy Super Milk-Chan is coming in November! I'm so lucky for two reasons:

Out of all the animes, Super Milk-Chan is the anime I wanted to C the most! Second, out of the all the ADV animes to put on CN, the one they put is the one I wanted to see!!!!!! EEEEE!!!!

BTW, this is my first time posting on ANN.
Proz512

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Super Milk-chan Show premieres on November 7 at 12:30AM. Adult Swim will not be airing the Americanized version, but rather the straight dub of the
Japanese version.

WHY? What are they going to show, the fansubbed version? At least in the fansubs they bother to translate the jokes. ADV didn't give the half-decency in the extras to translate the insane amount of obscure japanese jokes.

The show will go completely over the head of your typical AS watcher. I could name a dozen shows that would have been a better choice than SMC. Heck, the bastardized American version would work and would be funny with all the constant bleeps.

Even in person the ADV VA's complained in person how horrible the straight dub of SMC is compared to the Americanized live-action version.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:06 am Reply with quote
Wow, I guess the Americaized verison had too much cussing, alittle more then the some of the other Adult Swim comedy shows, but still. That and the ADV take on Milk-Chan was way funnier then the Japanese verison. Confused But then there is the cussing. But other then that, it's good to see shows pushed up instead of pushed back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:42 am Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
lyricaldanichan wrote:
OH YAY!

Have you seen the show? LOL

If that Aqua Teen Hunger Force can get a audience, then SMC will get them too!

I think people will get the jokes or get obessed on finding the infromation about it. I have a feeling there is going to be a AS bumper about Milk-chan and El Presidente phone calls.. oh my.. LOL

Now if AS/CN was smart, they would get homestar runner as full blow animation series and park it between Sealab and SMC! Hmm even better to add Cromartie High School in the mix too!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:48 am Reply with quote
Not many are willing to search for information just to get a referential joke. Heck, if there's a joke I don't get in the Simpsons, I usually want quick answers (I tend to ask my dad for that type of thing) and laugh a little. Otherwise, I just drop it and become unsatisfied.
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Not many are willing to search for information just to get a referential joke. Heck, if there's a joke I don't get in the Simpsons, I usually want quick answers (I tend to ask my dad for that type of thing) and laugh a little. Otherwise, I just drop it and become unsatisfied.

LOL 80's kids with low attention spans.. jk

Anywhoo it depends on what is the joke, but I guess it is a otaku thang.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2