• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release dates

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I apologize if this has already been covered or if I'm overlooking something-there's a lot of info on the encyclopedia! But is there info on release dates? I was looking for the turnaround between the Japanese and Western release dates for the OMG! movie, which I seem to recall being unusually short.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Aaron White wrote:
I apologize if this has already been covered or if I'm overlooking something-there's a lot of info on the encyclopedia! But is there info on release dates? I was looking for the turnaround between the Japanese and Western release dates for the OMG! movie, which I seem to recall being unusually short.

I was interested in seeing multiple release dates for some shows, like Battle of the Planets and Dragon Ball, where they've been released multiple times by multiple companies..

(BoTP obviously changed hands a few times. DB was Harmony Gold's and aired on US TV for a bit, and then was dubbed -twice- by FUNi..)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Yeah well, right now an anime can either have a "vintage" or "start date" + "end date". And it's not possible to have more than one of those. I *have* been thinking of changing this to a more flexible system, but converting the information we already have is going to be a little tricky. I don't really know when I'll get to it, but I'm pretty sure I'll do it eventually.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1