• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
TEH FUNNIE!!1! [OT]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Parody! Satire! An unending stream of profanity and gay jokes!

But seriously. This is funny stuff. One of the few, honest-to-god, non-sucky, hilarious yet insightful video-game humor type websites EVER. I'd recommend reading the entire Zeroes Unlimited site, but the only current article of theirs that has any kind of semblance to anime is...

...THIS one. ENJOY TEH FUNNIE!1!

WARNING: Not for minors, old people, philosophy majors, Yanni fans, people who just can't appreciate very un-P.C. humor, or anyone else, really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I still like the "Page of Offensive Anime Fan Fiction", better. Yeah, it has tonnes of gay jokes, but it also has Hitler. I get the idea that the people who wrote the page sure love both South Park (for the Cartman-esque humour) and the History Channel (they sure do know their Nazis).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Heh heh. I remember that site was on the Portal of Evil a while back. Here's their caption:

Quote:
Obscene Sailor Moon fanfics, among others. The brilliance of their sheer offensiveness leaves me in awe. "I'm too gay to die!" will be my quote of the week.

I would agree with you about it's funniness, if not for the fact that the "authors" there don't seem to be trying very hard to be offensive. There seems to be this common stigma among fans that create anime-inspired work, be it fanfics, music videos, fandub parodies, what have you, that simply attaching something wierd, off-color, or profane to a popular show automatically makes it funny. Y'know, stuff like those dozens of "10 THINGS SERENA WUOLD NEVAR SAY TO GOKU LOLOLOL!!!!" lists that swarm Anipike like a viral infection.

Cripes, don't fans know how to be offensive anymore? They should take some hints from IGN. Or Dave Merril. Hell, they don't even use any gay jokes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:23 am Reply with quote
Hey, check out this week's Onion Infographic.

LODLSM!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Byronius, as usual, you've hit the nail right on the head. Anime fan humor is usually really, really awful... stuff like "Miaka sweatdrops 'cause Tamahome is drooling over some other girl! She punches him!" is considered to be the epitome of wacky fun. Rarely do I ever find humor based on anime funny, and it's even worse when it's written by 16 year old fangirls who laugh hysterically every time any character goes SD.

They should leave the funny to people who actually are funny.
Speaking of people who aren't funny, check out:
http://www.16bit.com/msc
For a taste of what I do when I'm not writing my columns. Like anyone cares.

-Zac
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:17 pm Reply with quote
A comical look at really bad fanfics (mostly anime and Star Trek) of all sorts can found here. Too bad mine is not ready to be posted yet.

http://pinky.wtower.com/mst3k/mistings.shtmlWebsite #9
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:31 pm Reply with quote
A comical look at really bad fanfics (mostly anime and Star Trek) of all sorts can found here. Too bad mine is not ready to be posted yet.

http://pinky.wtower.com/mst3k/mistings.shtmlWebsite #9
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Morrolan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:32 pm Reply with quote
http://foodcourt.cyril.com
^
|
|
|
|
|
Funniest anime site EVER.
[Oh, and you follow the links at the bottom, it's not just a picture, as some intelligence-challenged individuals have thought in the past.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Dangit Zac, tell me when the next show is! The U of A has practically become my second home after I recently was accepted to it (HOORAY FOR THE D STUDENT!!!).

It'll be a cheap date for my girlfriend and I, too. Rock!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:55 am Reply with quote
Byron:
The next show is actually tonight at 10:15 PM in Modern Langauges 350. Should be a good show.

-Zac
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:18 pm Reply with quote
X-Entertainment's Max Cara took another look at what's on the shelves at 99 cent stores this week. Check out the last item; how the mighty have fallen... Pokemon tapes in the 99 cent bins? And to think, I recently spent over $40 on the Pokemon DVD volume "Our Hero Meowth", though it was $40 in Canadian pesos, not hardy American greenbacks. Not that I normally buy Pokemon, but "The Purr-fect Hero" is my favourite episode, and the front cover is so cute, with Meowth in a Superman costume, standing on the globe.
dudesup

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 9:36 am Reply with quote
That foodcourt.cyril.com site is the funniest thing i have ever seen, especially the who killed kaji part,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1