• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wandering Son's Unedited Episodes 10/11 Put on BD/DVD

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:03 pm Reply with quote
...what?

So... what was the episode that was previewed at the end of 10/11? Episode 12? Will it be streaming on Crunchyroll? Will the unedited episodes be streaming on Crunchyroll? Does anyone else feel rather ticked off about this? Mad
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
What? The episodes were edited? This isn't because of the earthquake, was it? Or was it due to transgender issues they didn't want to address? Come on! So this is basically the final TV episode of Hourou Musuko until the DVDs come out? Shocked Mad
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I expect it was edited simply because they had to skip a week and couldn't or didn't want to reschedule to fit the missing episode in, but neither episodes could simply be dropped from the broadcast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
So this is basically the final TV episode of Hourou Musuko until the DVDs come out? Shocked Mad

Fuji TV lists another airing of Wandering Son on April 1 at 1:05 a.m.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I expect it was edited simply because they had to skip a week and couldn't or didn't want to reschedule to fit the missing episode in, but neither episodes could simply be dropped from the broadcast.

But they didn't skip a week. Noitamina was one of the timeslots that didn't take a break after the earthquake. Here's a link.

Basically, they made 12 episodes, only had space for 11 to begin with, and figured they could get more DVD purchases by only letting you get the "real" versions by buying them. Again, Mad

Edit: not that, mind you, 10+11 was a bad episode. Actually, this series is getting really fantastic in its final leg. But that's part of why my reaction is, "no give is MORE! not less!"
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Ah, it was just that the Crunchyroll stream was delayed then?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I am incredibly confused. Is there a new ep next week or was this the end?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Yes. I don't know what the delay was with CR (though I'm sure it was valid reasons). Funimation got Fractale out on time, CR had Wandering Son #9 delayed by several days, but was back on schedule with #10/11.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
What's going on here? If this week's episode is a compilation of scenes from the last two episodes of the TV airing, then why is there a weekly slot leftover for the show? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
To me, it sounds like the studio did this intentionally. Using the earthquake delays to their advantage, they edit the episodes together (even though there is still an open time slot), simply to make people buy more BDs/DVDs.

Only greedy studios would think to use a disaster like this to earn a bigger profit. Sad.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Yes. I don't know what the delay was with CR (though I'm sure it was valid reasons).

Maybe it's because they only air 1 hour after TV Tokyo (not any other channel). And I suppose Noitamina airs in other channels, too?

Last edited by egoist on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
What's going on here? If this week's episode is a compilation of scenes from the last two episodes of the TV airing, then why is there a weekly slot leftover for the show? Confused

It's confusing, partly because there are pages on the official website that use different, conflicting episode numbers. However, there is one more episode to go.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
jmaeshawn wrote:
To me, it sounds like the studio did this intentionally. Using the earthquake delays to their advantage, they edit the episodes together (even though there is still an open time slot), simply to make people buy more BDs/DVDs.

Only greedy studios would think to use a disaster like this to earn a bigger profit. Sad.

The studio had planned for — and announced — 12 episodes with only 11 television slots since before the earthquake. The earthquake didn't changed that.

Some had mistakenly jumped to the conclusion that there would be one Blu-ray/DVD-exclusive episode, but the official website never said this, before or now.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
The studio had planned for — and announced — 12 episodes with only 11 television slots since before the earthquake. The earthquake didn't changed that.

Some had mistakenly jumped to the conclusion that there would be one Blu-ray/DVD-exclusive episode, but the official website never said this, before or now.

So it's a blatant bait and switch is what you're saying?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
So it's a blatant bait and switch is what you're saying?

No, the studio had announced back in February that there would be 12 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3