• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Questions about boxsets

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:00 pm Reply with quote
What are bricks, tinsets, etc? I've heard about them on the forum, but have no idea as to what they are. Could someone explain?
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Brick boxes are regular cardboard box like Wolf's Rain and Rahxephon. They're call brick because the shape of it is kind of like a brick.

Tin boxes are made of tin. I believe only Geneon is releasing them and they save space. They use slim cases (provided) so you have to get rid of the regular cases. Many people feel it's a waste.

You can read about the two tin releases here and see picture of it.. Also Read or Die was also released in Tin.
http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=680960&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

I prefer regular brick box. Tin cases are okay, I just don't like the space saving idea.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:36 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Brick boxes are regular cardboard box like Wolf's Rain and Rahxephon. They're call brick because the shape of it is kind of like a brick.

Actually, the term "brick" is usually used to decribe sets that come in one large plastic case. (EX: Big O, Nadia, Nadesico, etc.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1