• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Exile, Deadman Wonderland, Anohana Promos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
last exile music still awesome. trailer looks good
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quote
Loved the promo for Last Exile and both versions of Deadman Wonderland.

I am so glad that Kuroishi is back to doing the music for the new Last Exile series. She did an awesome job with the 2003 series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
That opening to Deadman Wonderland is awful. At least they kept the tone of the manga though, which is interesting since it takes place around an earthquake.
androvsky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Even though I'm a pretty big space sci-fi junkie, the To trailer worries me. Welcome to the epic anime where we launch a cargo container! I don't know if I'm more worried that they had that much footage of the launch to use, or that they chose not to use anything else.
nonjsensejack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote
That trailer for Anohana looks focking awesome Shocked

Nice song!!

I got high hopes from Tatsuyuki Nagai

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Niyari

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Yay I like the Deadman Wonderman ending song. It reminds me of the first D.gray-man ending, and yes, I know it's the same singer.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Man, I'm quite disappointed with most openings and endings this season. Nothing exciting so far.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Very excited to see Last Exile come back-doesn't appear to be a direct sequel though.

Never heard of Deadman Wonderland until this article, but the trailer got me interested enough to at least check it out when it airs.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I definitely squeed during that Last Exile trailer, so far it looks amazing! And the English in the Deadman Wonderland OP was also pretty amazing, I would've sworn that was an American band if I didn't know.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
androvsky wrote:
Even though I'm a pretty big space sci-fi junkie, the To trailer worries me. Welcome to the epic anime where we launch a cargo container! I don't know if I'm more worried that they had that much footage of the launch to use, or that they chose not to use anything else.

That's because ANN only posted some random clip from the movie. This is more of a trailer for TO.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
Very excited to see Last Exile come back-doesn't appear to be a direct sequel though.

Tatiana, Alistia and Dio are all on the cast list however.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I'll be the first to say it. I'm slightly hesitant for the new Last Exile show. Slightly! There is obviously some hint of moe smell in this show this time around what with the all female main cast (well only 3 or 4 so far) and the fact Aki Toyosaki of all people is playing the main character. Not that I think Aki Toyosaki is a bad actress, it's just I'm getting a bit tired of her being suddenly all over the place in certain types of shows. I dunno. Maybe I'm not worried as much for the show as I am worried about how much times have changed since 2003 in terms of what is even considered appealing in anime.

BUT that being said, I am still super excited for this show. I can't exactly tell by just this teaser trailer or the character models on the website if this is suppose to be a sequel or a spin-off or what, but more of the Last Exile storyline, the fantasy setting and vanship races/dogfights are all a plus in my book. I hope someone from ANN gets some coverage of the show that I think is suppose to premiere at Anime expo.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I'd never heard of Deadman Wonderland before. My impression was that it was Rainbow + The Running Man. Not too keen on the art for that one chick though. Also, what is up with the main character able to use his blood as a weapon? Is he Chouji Suitenguu jr?

I think I'll give this show a shot.

To looks good, it makes me wonder what Planetes could have looked like with a higher budget & HD. Sadly, To seems to be very soft scifi from that trailer, a far cry short of Planetes.
(BTW, those containers fired from the "midnight bazooka" were gargantuan, and more were fired than could fit on the space station itself...and they didn't mention how their trajectory deals with orbits)

I still haven't finished the original Last Exile. I was also hoping that the pre-moe revolution art would be preserved, but there's moe aplenty in the trailer.
rabrek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Last Exile's score was a huge component of the original series for me, so I'm pretty thrilled at the prospect of the same composer the second time around. Actively trying to squelch the little voice that says that Alex Row and Dio had a love child who lost an eye... yeah, been a long week.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
I'd never heard of Deadman Wonderland before. My impression was that it was Rainbow + The Running Man

I'd say it's closer to Fullmetal Alchemist, but way more violent. The manga is really good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2