• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Vampire Knight DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Key wrote:
Actually (and this a minor spoiler). . . spoiler[ they voices two versions of the same character.]

SERIOUSLY???! How's that even possible? Cause I watched all the epsiodes of Vampire Knight as well and Guilty and did not hear anything different at all.

Then again I have absolutely no talent as a VA whatsoever , so i could not tell if I did, which is the main reason I'll never bad talk any english dubs whatsoever no matter how medicore their are unlike those anti dub haters that are all over the net,even here. ( except for those that are from 4kids & from Corus Ent's sister company )

Oh, it was definitely noticeable to me, but then I've been listening to those two voice roles for many years now so I can almost always spot them no matter what roles they're doing.

And for the person who asked: it's a spoiler because the nature of the connection between the characters isn't clear at first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:36 am Reply with quote
i would add that the main heroine does not just fall into shojo cliché, she is a overblown one spoiler[having level of cretinism that I have never actually witnessed in any heroines among in more than three hundred anime titles I watched]...

so watching her was a real pain...
Aylinn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:50 am Reply with quote
MaxSouth You can be happy that you haven't seen Hot Gimmick. I have only read one random chapter and the main character from this series beats Yuki as far as stupidity is concerned.

Vampire Knight is so stupid that it is hilarious. Everyone is angsty, Zero's power that is made of pure hilariousness at least in the manga, where he gets some sort of creepers that reminded me of Pokemon, to be more precise of Bulbasaur's Vine Whip attack. Yuki, whose completely retarded ideas and puzzling way of thinking just make me burst into laughter. It is definitely an entertaining comedy.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like some people haven't read the manga and didn't really pay attention to the anime. Yes, in many ways Yuuki is a typical shojo heroine but she's far from the worst. At least she tries to do something. Anyway, Zero (who is not the emo wuss everyone makes him out to be) is the reason I like Vampire Knight. If you're looking for a Twilight clone with a really pathetic, Mary Sue shojo heroine, I suggest trying to read Black Bird. True, it has demons instead of vampires, but it's more like Twilight than Vampire Knight is, IMHO.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Aylinn wrote:
MaxSouth You can be happy that you haven't seen Hot Gimmick. I have only read one random chapter and the main character from this series beats Yuki as far as stupidity is concerned.

Vampire Knight is so stupid that it is hilarious. Everyone is angsty, Zero's power that is made of pure hilariousness at least in the manga, where he gets some sort of creepers that reminded me of Pokemon, to be more precise of Bulbasaur's Vine Whip attack. Yuki, whose completely retarded ideas and puzzling way of thinking just make me burst into laughter. It is definitely an entertaining comedy.

i am lacking in sense of humour to perceive yuki as hilarious (since the project takes itself seriously), but thanks, now i am really interested in this "Hot Gimmick" show... because yuki is definitely phenomenon, and to have something that would be able to compete with that would amaze me... Smile)
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote
It's sad that the first thing I thought of when reading the review was "Not one Twilight joke"?
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
It's sad that the first thing I thought of when reading the review was "Not one Twilight joke"?

I thought the Twilight thing went without saying. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I liked this review because it was more fair and balanced than most of the others. So personally, I'm glad there weren't any Twilight jokes. I understand not everyone will like vampire romance stories, I just wish people would stop assuming all vampire romance stories are like Twilight. At least make at effort to find out what the story is really about before jumping to conclusions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2