• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gojira89

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Okay so I was unaware that Miyuki-chan in Wonderland came to the US so my bad. However I'm glad that Kotabo was licensed, I just wish that there was an English dub. I personally prefer to watch a show in my native language over reading it in my native language and missing the art that someone created. Plus, after having the chance to talk someone from Japan who works in animation, the artist prefer viewers to watch their work in the viewers native tongue because subtitles is like putting graffiti on their art according to her.
Murasaki Hiro

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Gotta say, despite all the fan services (with ink blot no less), the character's obvious lack of depth, the somewhat shallow setting, I like the art of this series. I don't know if it had been done before, but everything was like a series of u-kiyoe pictures that contains animation (and it was fairly well done too), at least it kept me watching the entire series. Who said the inkblot aren't awesome?

Just a joke question, why would you guys go out buying anime DVD instead of just watching them on streaming websites? It's more economical that way. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And final note, Sen Tokugawa is a female character the last time I watched the series, so I guess the credit for Tokugawa is wrong.
gojira89

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Murasaki Hiro wrote:
Just a joke question, why would you guys go out buying anime DVD instead of just watching them on streaming websites? It's more economical that way.

I can't speak for everyone but I don't like the buffer time. A 23 minute show could take an hour and a half to watch where if I buy or rent a DVD/Blu-ray I could watch 4 episodes in the same amount of time with no buffering problems. However the only show I would this for on this article is Kobato though I would still prefer an English dub (who knows it might get one for the complete collection version).
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Hmmm, I'm not sure if it's really worth buying. About the only reason I would is to see it without the ink blots, so I'm just not certain if that's enough motivation. I didn't think it was a very good series. I guess we'll see how I feel when I can actually afford things again.

I mean, the lack of blots definitely makes the show a bit more "enjoyable" (If you're into ecchi Laughing ) but is in no way a reason to buy it if you didn't like the show.

Still, really like how Section23 is releasing all these more obscurish shows that even Funi won't license...reminds me of a certain other publisher....
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Still, really like how Section23 is releasing all these more obscurish shows that even Funi won't license...reminds me of a certain other publisher....

Discotek?
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
Man, Sentai/Section 23 really hates anime with male leads don't they?

Well it dont matter to me alongs it's in English dub.

Also does it really matter if a male is not a lead?

However I've yet to see one for a shouen Jump series. Was kinda hoping the next yugioh series that the main was a girl.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. No dub for Kobato? oh well maybe later. Anyway I am glad Samurai Girls is getting dubbed. I can't wait for that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vega427

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I loved this show and it's going to be dubbed no less. This I will be placing a pre-order for as soon as I can!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Its a shame that Kobato isnt going to be dub but its worth it any ways
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I didn't catch this series when it was streamed and broadcasted, but it looks interesting, the concept sounds neat so I might check it out later this year.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Jrittmayer wrote:

I mean, the lack of blots definitely makes the show a bit more "enjoyable" (If you're into ecchi Laughing ) but is in no way a reason to buy it if you didn't like the show.

Oh, certainly not. I mean, I like ecchi as much as the next red blooded male, but I'm not going to buy a show I couldn't stand just to see some boobs. I should have put it as I can't recall if there were any redeeming features to the show that would make me want to buy it. My current memory of it is of it being rather unmemorable and not being too enthralled with it. Maybe it'll improve in my mind as time goes on.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
What!? THIS anime gets dubbed and not Kobato!? Come on, Sentai! There ARE such thing as GOOD anime that deserve a dub, y'know!

I share your frustration here but look...you're living in a delusional fantasy land if you think whether an anime is "good" dictates whether it should get a dub. Anime companies are on shaky enough ground as it is. They absolutely cannot afford to dub a show and lose money in the process just because they think it "deserves" a dub. No, a show will get a dub if they think it can support a dub financially. That's how it has to be. So yeah, a show with big wobbly tits will probably get a dub. Other stuff may not. It sucks but there's no sense blaming Sentai for it.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Hannish Lightning wrote:
Man, Sentai/Section 23 really hates anime with male leads don't they?

Well it don't matter to me alongs it's in English dub.

Also does it really matter if a male is not a lead?

However I've yet to see one for a shouen Jump series. Was kinda hoping the next yugioh series that the main was a girl.

For one, Muneakira is a male, and I would have considered him the lead in the show. It mainly focused on him and the harem around him, sans it being a harem show.

And, for two, Claymore was originally ran in Weekly Shounen Jump, and it has a female main character.
And, and awesome anime, ta boot.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:11 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
FireChick wrote:
What!? THIS anime gets dubbed and not Kobato!? Come on, Sentai! There ARE such thing as GOOD anime that deserve a dub, y'know!

I share your frustration here but look...you're living in a delusional fantasy land if you think whether an anime is "good" dictates whether it should get a dub. Anime companies are on shaky enough ground as it is. They absolutely cannot afford to dub a show and lose money in the process just because they think it "deserves" a dub. No, a show will get a dub if they think it can support a dub financially. That's how it has to be. So yeah, a show with big wobbly tits will probably get a dub. Other stuff may not. It sucks but there's no sense blaming Sentai for it.

Yep. That's pretty much Sentai's business strategy in a nutshell and I definitely don't blame them. If the sub sells well, there may yet be a dub for Kobato the same way it was for Clannad: After Story, IMO...
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote
hunterLanda wrote:
That's good Sentai, but what about Minami-ke, Motto To Love-Ru or Mitsudomoe?

Still, you guys are awesome and I'm looking forward for more of your shows.

I double those requests Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4