• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zeta Gundam Further Delayed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Jerry asked me to add that he isn't a liar yet... it's still slated to be released in 2004 (he stated at Cons that it would be out in 2004).

-t
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:47 pm Reply with quote
You know, with all of these delays, I'm think I'm starting to forget I even preordered that thing. Anime dazed
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I swear, it's like God doesn't want this to come out...
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:58 pm Reply with quote
This isn't Bandai's fault this time Oo;; Read the news 'bout the flooding.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:08 pm Reply with quote
With all of the delays with Zeta I think that Bandai will just screw over all Gundam fans and not release the rest. Let's face it because Bandai is focused on selling toys so any Gundam and or any other series that can't be marketed to sell those toys is doomed.
GuestSpeaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quote
We'll first it was human intervention, now its devine intervention....I agree...God does not want this release....LOL...I lost track on how many times they delayed this title..for the price tag of $200, you better add something really really good to justify the delay and the price
jsyxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:10 pm Reply with quote
This is wack. I won't get too mad though, just as long as it comes out before Christmas.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quote
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
I think that Bandai will just screw over all Gundam fans and not release the rest.

Based on what? A couple delays, despite the fact that they're still setting release dates and sticking by their word that "every Gundam will get released?"

Yeah, delays suck, but the impatient "playing the downtrodden victim of filthy corporations" act isn't going to get you anywhere.

JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
Let's face it because Bandai is focused on selling toys so any Gundam and or any other series that can't be marketed to sell those toys is doomed.

You say that like Zeta's unmarketable. You DO realise that every single Gundam anime out there (with the possible exception of Turn-A) has been a shameless toy whore in Japan, right? Even Zeta was a majour merchandise goldmine; you think all those Titans mobile armours were there because they were vital to the story? And painting the Gundam Mk.II two different colour schemes? Wow, now they'll sell twice as many! Hey, let's add a flight pack to it, call it the Super Gundam, and triple sales!

MSiAs, model kits, wallscrolls...Bandai could easily import these things and sell them right alongside the DVDs. In fact, I'm pretty sure they will once it's released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Dammit... Sad
biliano*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
I think that Bandai will just screw over all Gundam fans and not release the rest.

Based on what? A couple delays, despite the fact that they're still setting release dates and sticking by their word that "every Gundam will get released?"

Yeah, delays suck, but the impatient "playing the downtrodden victim of filthy corporations" act isn't going to get you anywhere.

JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
Let's face it because Bandai is focused on selling toys so any Gundam and or any other series that can't be marketed to sell those toys is doomed.

You say that like Zeta's unmarketable. You DO realise that every single Gundam anime out there (with the possible exception of Turn-A) has been a shameless toy whore in Japan, right? Even Zeta was a majour merchandise goldmine; you think all those Titans mobile armours were there because they were vital to the story? And painting the Gundam Mk.II two different colour schemes? Wow, now they'll sell twice as many! Hey, let's add a flight pack to it, call it the Super Gundam, and triple sales!

MSiAs, model kits, wallscrolls...Bandai could easily import these things and sell them right alongside the DVDs. In fact, I'm pretty sure they will once it's released.

Exactly right; and that's why Gundam is the greatest anime franchise in the world.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:20 am Reply with quote
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:

Well, yes and no. Bandai as a whole is concerned with selling toys, they're the number 3 producer world wide I believe, but that's just a part of what they do. Producing and distributing anime and video games are also a big focus for them. Keep in mind that in the US Bandai is made up of different branches; Bandai Entertainment does anime, Bandai (of) America does the toys, and Bandai Games does video games. It really isn't important to Bandai Ent. if BOA is releaseing a toy line for one of their shows, they're going to release the show anyway because it's what they do. Infact I'd be really surprised if BOA even released Zeta merchandise to go with the show, they can't even get SEED merchandise into the major retailers and that's on TV!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:06 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
they can't even get SEED merchandise into the major retailers and that's on TV!

If Seed merchandise isn't in major retailers then why do I see it at Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us?
Vekou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:15 am Reply with quote
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
If Seed merchandise isn't in major retailers then why do I see it at Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us?

Check again, I think you may be suprised. They had them at my Target for about 3 weeks, them being 2 different action figures and 3 different model kits. Haven't seen them anywhere since.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:36 am Reply with quote
Right, Walmart has totally dropped Gundam, Target only offers them sporadically from store to store and line to line, and TRU and KB are completely random and might buy a single case, might not. BOA jerked retailers around by cloging their pegs with the G Gundam figures over and over again in every variation they could possibly come up with, the retailers retaliated by not ordering SEED knowing full well that they'd sell well, just to make a point to Bandai.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I can see it now...
Quote:
Zeta Gundam Boxsets Spontaneously Combust (2004-11-17 1:08:32)
When asked about the situation, Bandai's Jerry Chu was quoted as saying, "I really didn't see a problem with making [the DVD cases] out of flint." [more...]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1