• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dead Leaves

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vekou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:42 pm Reply with quote
That was very nicely written. In my opinion, though, the razor-thin plot of Dead Leaves is just fluff, not made to be taken seriously...
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Wish it was less of a plot synopsis and more of an essay on animation styles and the expectations we as viewers have of "anime" - the material is certainly there - ...but then again, it's my fault for not getting around to writing a review myself earlier ^^

Still, could have been a *lot* worse, as Dead Leaves basically gets right in the face of most "anime" fans out there, bitch-slaps them...and is absolutely amazing if you are a fan of animation in general, whether it be American, European, Russian, Japanese, whatever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:18 am Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:

Still, could have been a *lot* worse, as Dead Leaves basically gets right in the face of most "anime" fans out there, bitch-slaps them...and is absolutely amazing if you are a fan of animation in general, whether it be American, European, Russian, Japanese, whatever.

LOL, funny metaphor
Psohrb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:50 am Reply with quote
I loved this. There was so much eye candy I couldn't keep up on first viewing. Second time I caught more stuff. Fun and enjoyable.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:11 am Reply with quote
Please do not revive threads that are more than a year old, especially in Talkback. Having threads based on old news mix with threads based on new news just makes things more needlessly hectic than they should be. If you wish to discuss Dead Leaves now, why not open a proper thread in the Anime forum?

Locked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1