• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Daily Video: Key's New Rewrite Visual Novel Opening

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:57 am Reply with quote
I have always enjoyed the openings (visual novel or anime) from key works. This one has certainly lived up to the rest. Now the waiting game begins for the anime adaption...
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
I have always enjoyed the openings (visual novel or anime) from key works. This one has certainly lived up to the rest. Now the waiting game begins for the anime adaption...

I hope there is one! I have enjoyed all the KEY adaptations I've seen (although I haven't seen AIR) and am interested in Ryukishi07's influences.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:

I hope there is one! I have enjoyed all the KEY adaptations I've seen (although I haven't seen AIR) and am interested in Ryukishi07's influences.

You should see Air, although admittedly some people (not including me) don't seem to like it as much as Kanon and Clannad. And I am assuming there will eventually be one due to the success of all the previous adaptions. Also rewrite is one of the first ones (besides Planatarian) to not have the story written by Jun Maeda so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I would really love a Planetarian OVA before a Rewrite series is made, just saying.

But that opening is wonderful, as are all Key games.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I would really love a Planetarian OVA before a Rewrite series is made, just saying.

But that opening is wonderful, as are all Key games.

That would be cool also, though don't go forgetting about Little Busters!
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Ok they need to animate Little Busters before they animate this.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
AnimeDuelist15 wrote:

Yeah, agreed. I heard its absolutely hilarious too, even more so than the first season of Clannad.

Plus we already got a taste of what rewrite will look like animated with that opening they made here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegE5ai9abQ
egoist

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
This looks pretty bad for something Key. Reminds me of 11eyes but instead with more lolies.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
This looks pretty bad for something Key. Reminds me of 11eyes but instead with more lolies.

Yeah, I did notice how in Little Busters and in Rewrite all the characters sort of have a younger look. I just kind of shook it off, wouldn't necessarily call them lolies though. And you can't really judge much from the opener, plus I don't think Key has ever released anything and gotten much negative feedback so I am not too worried.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
octopodpie wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:

You should see Air, although admittedly some people (not including me) don't seem to like it as much as Kanon and Clannad. And I am assuming there will eventually be one due to the success of all the previous adaptions. Also rewrite is one of the first ones (besides Planatarian) to not have the story written by Jun Maeda so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Yeah, if you like Key products you should see Air. However! I don't know about you but I like to think I'm fairly strong, being a guy and all, but when I saw that show...well...damn! You might want to have some tissues handy.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
chefneer wrote:

Yeah, if you like Key products you should see Air. However! I don't know about you but I like to think I'm fairly strong, being a guy and all, but when I saw that show...well...damn! You might want to have some tissues handy.

lol, I agree. Air was the saddest one for me. Also just so you know the Air movie is worth checking out too, although its an alternate retelling and has nothing to do with the t.v. series. The Clannad movie however, I would stay away from because it did absolutely nothing for me.
Sheeta_Sumeragi

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote
This is actually just an extended and slightly updated version of the OP that came with the trial versions. The way this article is written implies that the OP uploaded in April (which clearly said 'opening two' in the credits by the way) is the first one Visual Arts released, which is incorrect.

The song has also been on sale in Japan since January this year, in case anyone likes it.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

It's being written by the authors of Little Busters, Higurashi, and Cross Channel. That's what I'd call a winning combo. Also, this is an all-ages game, so it doesn't really matter if some of the characters are younger.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
AnimeDuelist15 wrote:

Yeah, agreed. I heard its absolutely hilarious too, even more so than the first season of Clannad.

Plus we already got a taste of what rewrite will look like animated with that opening they made here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegE5ai9abQ

This is interesting! This Opening has a slightly different feel than the latest one as it seems to focus on the fantasy elements (magic, dragon/dinosaurs, etc) while the new opening reminded me of usual KEY themes (school setting with minor fantasy elements). It makes me wonder how different it will be from previous games because of the different writers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:

This is interesting! This Opening has a slightly different feel than the latest one as it seems to focus on the fantasy elements (magic, dragon/dinosaurs, etc) while the new opening reminded me of usual KEY themes (school setting with minor fantasy elements). It makes me wonder how different it will be from previous games because of the different writers.

Definitely agreed! I like the other opening, because while I like visual novels and Key's works all right, that video might push me off the fence and make me wanna buy this game. It's so different from your typical KEY opening.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2