• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams 202 Dubbed Episodes of One Piece

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote
Ha! Have fun trying to watch all 202 episodes in only 4 days! Anime hyper

I figured out that in order to watch them all, one would have to watch about 50 episodes a day (21 hours a day).

And that's only if you can tolerate the English voice actors, which to me, sound only slightly better than the 4Kids dub.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:55 am Reply with quote
Wow, FUNi has become rather stingy with some of their dubbed properties. Just until June 4th?!? Can't we at least get JULY 4th?! I mean, it doesn't even have a TV Deal!
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Wow, FUNi has become rather stingy with some of their dubbed properties. Just until June 4th?!? Can't we at least get JULY 4th?! I mean, it doesn't even have a TV Deal!

Eh, buy the DVDs then. Or are you too stingy?
ankoku22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:49 am Reply with quote
202? Their DVD releases go all the way up to episode 205. I'm not sure if this is an error or if there's a specific reason behind not including episodes 203-205.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:50 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The official blog for the North American anime distributor Funimation announced that, in honor of the television anime One Piece's 500th episode, the company is streaming every One Piece episode that the company has dubbed to date (episodes one through 202).

They actually dubbed up to 205 so the sites's missing 3 episodes.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
LagannImpact wrote:

Eh, buy the DVDs then. Or are you too stingy?

It ain't that I'm too stingy; it's that (A) I don't really care, and (B) I'm too broke! I'm really not much of a fan of One Piece! But for those who are, I guess this week-long streaming binge will make for a nice "Amnesty Day" in case they missed an episode. I hope FUNi does something similar with Soul Eater around Halloween ('because I missed it last year), but I'm not holding my breath. 52 episodes in a week is much more doable than 202...
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:53 am Reply with quote
ankoku22 wrote:
202? Their DVD releases go all the way up to episode 205. I'm not sure if this is an error or if there's a specific reason behind not including episodes 203-205.

They only release one episode every week and if Japan takes a week off for a holiday or whatever so does FUNi. This being a series they're activly dubbing I'm positive they've actually dubbed well beyond 205. It'd be better if they didn't treat the dub and sub as the same stream release and at least increase the rate of the sub version. At the current rate it's going to take over 3 1/2 years just to get to where the more recent episodes begin (391 on), and by that time they'll likely have taken them down to not compete with their DVD release like they do their sub/dub episodes. Of course by then we'd be another 2 1/2 years from episode 500 and never any closer to the Japanese simulcasts...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:53 am Reply with quote
personally I'm waiting on the season sets before i start buying but really now does funi think we have nothing better to do then watch nothing but one piece for the next 4 days?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
These episodes will be available on Funimation's official One Piece website through Saturday, June 4 at 10:00 p.m. EDT.

...Is what I wish I could say, but, again, goddamn Hughesnet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beni_Hime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:57 am Reply with quote
If you don't mind the sub you can watch them ALL on Hulu+ Just throwing that out there! Very Happy
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:14 am Reply with quote
This is old news, they announced this on Facebook on Monday.
I have every One Piece Boxset FUNi's released!
ankoku22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
ankoku22 wrote:

They only release one episode every week and if Japan takes a week off for a holiday or whatever so does FUNi. This being a series they're activly dubbing I'm positive they've actually dubbed well beyond 205. It'd be better if they didn't treat the dub and sub as the same stream release and at least increase the rate of the sub version. At the current rate it's going to take over 3 1/2 years just to get to where the more recent episodes begin (391 on), and by that time they'll likely have taken them down to not compete with their DVD release like they do their sub/dub episodes. Of course by then we'd be another 2 1/2 years from episode 500 and never any closer to the Japanese simulcasts...

Emerje

Hmm. While I do purchase the DVDs as they become available, I don't following their streaming service. So 203 would be uploaded next week (or whenever) and then 204 the following week and so on. OK, I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up. Smile
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, they go up on Saturday nights. Strange thing is the episodes listed on FUNi's website are always a week behind the episodes on the OP website.

Emerje
PBsallad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote
ankoku22 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Hmm. While I do purchase the DVDs as they become available, I don't following their streaming service. So 203 would be uploaded next week (or whenever) and then 204 the following week and so on. OK, I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up. Smile

Thats correct. I also want to add that FUNimation recycles these episodes every week. For example, lets say they have episode 1-50 and 56-what ever the latest one is. Then next week it'll be 1-52 and 58-the latest (I think). That's for the dub, and I don't think the sub ever comes down.

everydaygamer wrote:
personally I'm waiting on the season sets before i start buying but really now does funi think we have nothing better to do then watch nothing but one piece for the next 4 days?

Not the entire first season, but a episodes 1-26 box set is coming out Jul 26th.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
What I find weird is how I just saw Episode 203 on Hulu when One Piece Official is only up to Episode 202.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2