• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Host Crypton Future Media, Idea Factory

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I keep thinking, "Really, AX? Is that the best you can do for your 20th year?"

Granted, having the creator of KOR is nifty, but the manga/anime is much older than most of AX's core audience.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
They're probably not done announcing. Although I'm not planning on going, I think it a good thing to have guests with a certain historical perspective, if they can communicate well.

And the article heading put the image of IF-chan from Hyperdimensional Neptunia in my mind as a guest. Hey, if they can have Hatsune Miku, why not?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:32 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
I keep thinking, "Really, AX? Is that the best you can do for your 20th year?"

Granted, having the creator of KOR is nifty, but the manga/anime is much older than most of AX's core audience.

Agreed. Last year's lineup seemed a lot more impressive to me. I mean, Yui Horie, Eri Kitamura, Yuu Asakawa, Nabeshin, May'n, Megumi Nakajima, Yoko Kanno, ect. Sure, it's all subjective as to what makes a great guest. I adore Yui Horie, so that was huge to me. Others maybe not so much. But this year one of the highlights isn't even a real person (Miku). I wouldn't mind meeting Miyuki Sawashiro, but so far there really hasn't been any guests that make me regret having to work over that weekend.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote
I wonder if someone will ask Itoh if he regrets allowing Toyota to use Miku in that commercial. I would if I was there. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1