• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Anime Intro and Ending Song!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saito009

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
My favorite ending would be "Mirai no Eve" from AVENGER TV-Series. Love the animation and the AMAZING voice of Arika Takarano from ALI PROJECT. This ending is wonderful !!! It is just beautiful

and the OP Song performed to ALI PROJECT . . Genshoku Grand Guignol!!!
SecretAgent94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: No listing. Put reasons. -TK]
sukasa_matsuda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
My Favorite OP's are

Naruto Shippuden

"Sign by Flow"- The music is awesome makes me a little jumpy.
"Blue Bird by Ikimono Gakiri"- It kind soothes the feeling.
closer by Joe Inoue "- Has a good meaning. ^^

Bleach

"Alones by Aqua Timez"- Kinda awesome.
"Rolling Stars by Yui"- love the way how Yui sang it.

Fairy Tail

"Snow Fairy by Funkist"- It gives me a great feeling listening to it and makes me wanna rewatch the anime. ^^
"FT by Funkist" - I imagine awesome battle scenes in my mind when i listen to this.

Nurarihyon no Mago

"Fast Forward by Monkey Majik" - I love the intro and i don't know why but this music makes me calm and more relax i love how the singer sang this song it's full of emotions fits the anime perfectly.
"Sunshine by Monkey Majik"- I love how the lead raps and the music is catchy w/ meaningful lyrics, reminds me always about the anime its also great to listen to considering the season right now.
Kimballthegamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:28 am Reply with quote
Listeria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I can see that it is hard not to make a list of one's favorite anime intro and ending songs. In fact, I have quite a few in my iPod already that it's hard to choose what is my all time favorite. I like some opening songs but not their closing; I like some closing songs but not their opening; then there are some anime whose opening and closing I like.

I loved Elfen Lied's opening song Lilium because it's sad undertones somehow echo the "sordid", sad past of some of the characters in the anime. I also love the closing song Wanna Be Your Girl because of its upbeat tone and the message. spoiler[Lucy does want to be Kohta's girl Wink]

I also loved Paradise Kiss' opening and closing songs because of their upbeat tune and I believe they were appropriate for the anime since it was about the fashion industry.
braceyourself

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Citrus Fruit

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, here we go.

Super Driver: Haruhi Suzumiya season 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYVlx3vnu8I

I realize that openings such as these are common place, and that the opening for the first season was vastly superior in terms of, you know, introducing the show, but this intro has such spunk, and such a feel-good tone to it that, no matter how bad the second season of this show was, when i first heard this song, i couldn't be any more pumped to be watching my favorite anime once again.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni: Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRtsIJXrhqc

Although i never found this series particularly scary, i can safely say after watching this intro, i was effectively creeped out. Take an already eirie song and throw in some oddly discomforting clips of the various characters, and you've got one creepy intro sandwich. Rarely do i ever see an intro that sets the mood so well for a horror anime so well.

Colors: Code Geass season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2tgOzTLtdA

I know this has been said time and again, but after listening to this masterpiece I was blown away. Never have i seen something, not just an anime, with so many diverging opinions and yet i think everyone can agree this this intro is awesome. The way that the music and video go hand in hand in making me feel like i want to know these characters before you watch the show, and make you feel like you truly understand what this intro is conveying after you've watched it is simply awe-inspiring.
Muggie

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 pm Reply with quote
This is a tough one for me, since pretty much all the music I listen to is from anime, so there is a wide selection. I'm sure there are other really great ones that I'm not remembering right now.

Onno no ko otoko no ko
From School Rumble.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb16akTMqHU
This song is just so relaxing to me for some reason. The fast pace, but consistent tune is a real joy to hear. The lyrics are also really cute! Its just a nice and calming song to casually listen to in my opinion. Helps me get my work done and reminds me of school rumble which is a plus. Smile

Hare Hare Yukai
From The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5G5bD2Do-k
This song's a classic that just always makes me happy when I listen to it. I don't know if its the lyrics or the just the tune, but it always puts me a good mood. The show its from is great which also factors into me liking it. I cant help myself from humming it or occasionally singing it time to time. This song will always be in my top favorite anime songs of all time.[/url]

Last edited by Muggie on Tue May 24, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
wrathborne

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Put reasons. -TK]
point13lank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 am Reply with quote
love the the opening them song for samurai deeper kyo-aoi no requiem i think it means loves requiem in Japanese. it's by tsubokura yuiko i love her voice and the song is so moving.
bapplef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:45 am Reply with quote
point13lank wrote:
love the the opening them song for samurai deeper kyo-aoi no requiem i think it means loves requiem in Japanese. it's by tsubokura yuiko i love her voice and the song is so moving.

Good choice, it is sung beautifully Smile
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
As far as openings go, Roulette Roulette from Paniponi Dash is one of the more awesome 90 seconds of animation I've experienced. The song itself is catchy, and it's clear that the animators at SHAFT were given carte blanche to let the strangeness fly (for example, replacing Himeko's ahoge with a metronome, superimposing a teakettle over Miyako's head).

For closings, there are three that really stand out in my mind.

In terms of atmosphere, A Farewell Song from Air suits the show perfectly. The song and the corresponding animation evoke images of dusk and nightfall in summertime.

Although it was a one-time only ending, Scarborough Fair from Claes' episode of Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino is without question the best use of a traditional English folk song in anime. Those who know the charatcer know well how appropriate the song's theme of impossibility is.

As a personal favorite, I've always been partial to Fruits Candy, the 3rd closing from Cardcaptor Sakura. It's a upbeat, sugary-sweet pop song which goes perfectly with the always-positive tone of the show, and the corresponding endcards are super-cute as well.
lilredphoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
The opening and ending theme songs to Knight Hunters has a really good beat and holds your attention to watch the beg/end credits just to hear the songs. Another would be Saiyuki, the series uses several songs for opening and ending songs they were so enjoyable to listen to I went to purchase one the the sound tracks II and are looking for the others.
Rakiko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
-Kerokko Demetan OP/ED (Mitsuko Horie)
-Candy Candy OP/ED (Mitsuko Horie)
-Majokko Tickle OP/ED (Mitsuko Horie)
-Majokko Megu-chan OP/ED
- Minashigo Hacchi OP/ED
- Sailor Moon ALL OP /ED
- Lunlun OP
- UFO robot Grendizer OP/ED
- Cutie Honey (series from 70s) OP/ED
- ATTACK NO 1 OP/ED (Mitsuko Horie)
-Voltes V (Mitsuko Horie)

anyway all OP/ED by Mitsuko Horie Cool
She is the greatest singer of OP/ED
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
There are a lot song I really love. One that comes to mind is Haruka Kanata by Asian Kung-fu Generation. It really got me hyped for Naruto and they did a great job with animation during that intro as well which fit perfectly.

The intro for Beck named Hit in the USA by Beat Crusaders was really good as well. I even played it for some friends who ended up liking it. My cousin was surprised when I told her it was a Japanese band since she thought they were Europeans. lol

Kouga Ninpou Chou by Onmyouza from Basilisk is another stand out for me. The artists voice is brilliant.

Sorairo Days by Shoko Nakagawa always got me excited for Gurren Lagann.

More recently, I really liked the intro song for Durarara!! named Uragiri no Yuuyake by Theatre Brook.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 17