• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tenchi OAV 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Did you know about this? http://tmau.cjb.net/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Gyro wrote:

Did you know about this? http://tmau.cjb.net/

Do we know about the third OVA series, or about that site? The third OVA series is old news; there's a story about its progress on ANN every couple of weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gyro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I was just wondering because I didn't know about it until a while ago. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 8:03 pm Reply with quote
In case you're interested, here's the official Japanese Tenchi Muyo! site, although right now most of the information is about the new Tenchi Muyo! GXP (Galaxy Police) TV series and not the 3rd OVA series. http://www.tenchi-web.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dudesup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 6:58 pm Reply with quote
They are making an ova besides the tenchi gxp??
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 7:14 pm Reply with quote
dudesup wrote:

They are making an ova besides the tenchi gxp??

Yes, Tenchi Muyo GXP is the new Galaxy Police TV series featuring all-new characters including Mihoshi's mother (who's a cleaning lady and not a cop) and an Earth boy named Yamada (who may be, according to some reports I've read, Tenchi's cousin).

The new Tenchi Muyo OVA series is a continuation (reportedly the conclusion) of the original Tenchi continuity, using the original character designs and features the return of Tenchi co-creator Masaki Kajishima to writing duties.

2 completely seperate productions, not to be confused with one another. The Tenchi-Web site was, last time I checked (mid-February), focusing on the GXP series, presumably because it will be on TV before the first episode of the new OVA series will be in stores.
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:12 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

Yes, Tenchi Muyo GXP is the new Galaxy Police TV series featuring all-new characters including Mihoshi's mother (who's a cleaning lady and not a cop) and an Earth boy named Yamada (who may be, according to some reports I've read, Tenchi's cousin).

Wasn't Yamada in Tenchi in Tokyo?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:

Wasn't Yamada in Tenchi in Tokyo?

Oh yeah, I forgot that one of Tenchi's classmates (who also appears briefly in OVA episode 2, I think) was named "Yamada". (Thanks for reminding me.) However, this "Yamada" is Seina Yamada, presumably no relation. "Yamada" in Japanese is roughly equivalent to "Smith" in English; it's a very common, if not the most common (I don't know if it is or not, but it's right up there with "Suzuki" and "Takahashi"), surname. Hence the family name of the characters in the Ghibli film Tonari no Yamada ("My Neighbours the Yamadas").
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1