• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What ___ would you like to see adapted into an anime series?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote
lilredphoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
This one is right up anime alley.

Author Laura Joh Rowland's book series starting with Shinju. This author spins a tale of one of the most compelling detectives named Sana Ichiro, this takes place in the lush wonderful world of 17th century Japan vividly re-created in a world of ornate tearooms and gaudy pleasure-palaces, cloistered mountaintop convents and deathly prisons it a part love story and part mystery, the aurhor has penned 12 books so far each book is a another separate mystery case to be solved.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, first I think I'd start with the 100+ anime already made that I've seen which were inconclusive. Then I'd worry about new stuff. So much to do so little time. Laughing

Last edited by Kruszer on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Just about anything by Stephen King. I love anime, but it has a serious lack of thrillers. If there was an anime adaption of Carrie I could die happy =D
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
I'd most love to see an Ace Attorney anime, and perhaps a series based on one of the Harvest Moon games.
bapplef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
Just about anything by Stephen King. I love anime, but it has a serious lack of thrillers. If there was an anime adaption of Carrie I could die happy =D

That would be awesome. Good call there friend!
PaniPoni61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I think I've seen this thread, or one like it before. However, I hope no one minds my own 2 cents, Yen, pence, etc.
There are a few manga that I would love to see adapted to anime, one which is a few years old, and never did to well, or at least it seems not to have Stateside-"Stray Little Devil". I know, it's a bit on the cutesy side, but considering Kotaro Mori did this before he took the artwork control of the Gurren Lagan manga, I don't know why it wouldn't work. Perhaps if Gainax didn't get to it, but rather Studio 4C could, since I did love the way they took care of "Tweeny Witches"-very underrated art in that series!
This one is a long shot, but i'll have a go at it anyway. "Franken Fran". Yeah, it might be a little too gory, but say, if the minds at SHAFT could work it to be airable-even if it would obviously be a "late night" series, with the humor in this series, I think it could be pulled off and still be successful.
Finally, the one series that has already been around for awhile. It has been an eroge, it has been an all-ages VN, it has had many music CDs (way freaking better than anything K-on!, IMO), it has been a radio show, it has been a manga (i've got it ordered via Yahoo.jp-I might not be able to read it, but I just wanted it!), and heck, it has had live music performances. But it still hasn't been an anime series. Why the <expletive> hasn't Kira Kira been an anime yet? Come on already Overdrive! I know Bamboo is always busy with Milktub, and doing anime theme music (btw-the closing theme to 30-Sae is pretty doggone kickin'!), but come on! All this product and no anime series yet? Tis a crying shame. But I'll keep wishing-and trying to get my hands on the new Shiino Kirari neandroid that's been released.
No Rock-No Life!
anime racket

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see another final fantasy anime, but with much better
quality. I mean come on! The games have some of the best stories
ever written, with high-quality music, and unique visual styles and
yet whenever Square Enix makes a movie they seem to abandon
what made the games special in the first place.

Beyond that, I'll just wait for the next Key visual novel adaption.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see anime adaptations of some of my favorite old science fiction novels:
Robert A. Heinlein's Starship Troopers and The Puppet Masters.
H. Beam Piper's Space Viking and Cosmic Computer.
And for some newer science fiction I think that any of David Weber's "Honor Harrington" books would make a good anime. Actually, just about any of his books would work.

And from manga, I know that it is too late now but I would like to see an anime of Ken Akamatsu's first series, A.I. Love You. I am kind of surprised that nobody tried that after Love Hina became popular.
I think that Love Roma would make a nice short romantic/school comedy.
I think that somebody mentioned Stray Little Devil and I will second that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yamata no orochi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Mistborn would make an amazing anime, although I'd probably give Bones the material. It would be like their Gurren Lagann, or something!

Going into the really obscure, I'd say that Sekien no Inganock would make a great series, since the game itself is already so episodic (for those not in the know: Sekien no Inganock=Perdido Street Station+Revolutionary Girl Utena)
ethanftw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I really can't think of a specific title of anything that I would like to see put in production. Other than maybe some more devil may cry stuff. The animes epic of Dante's inferno was very good. It was a more serious anime but I really liked it, and having played the game before watching it, I think the creators did a pretty good job. All in all the devil may cry series is pretty cool. Depending on how many games they wanted to follow through and to how much detail, it could easily be a 50 episode anime. Or hell, even movies based on each of the games would be good.

Actually, as of writing this I also would like to see the assassins creed series turned into an anime. With all of their abilities and the AMAZING story line it follows, I think it would be great. Although, it might be too "serious" and "realistic" to become an anime. I can't really explain what I mean, I'm just not sure if it would turn out as well as the games.

On the other hand, I agree with whomever said chrono trigger should become an anime. It wouldn't be any harder than final fantasy or dragonball z. Besides, chrono is one of the best rpgs of all time. I would definitely be down to watch a 26 episode animes based on it.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I would like the see the novels of Star Wars Hand of Thrawn by timothy Zahn all three made into Anime. Not the stuff done on cartoon network.

Terry Brooks and his Land Over novels would make a great on going anime.

neat idea!
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:55 am Reply with quote
This series desperately needs a proper adaptation, and not just some crappy one-shot film.

In fact, I think most people get turned away from the series cause the film did it so little justice....
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote
[quote="Catseyetiger"]I would like the see the novels of Star Wars Hand of Thrawn by timothy Zahn all three made into Anime. Not the stuff done on cartoon network.

Quote:

I cannot agree with you more. Cartoon Networks Clone Wars show is terrible!

As for books made into anime, I wouldnt mind if Japan made some more World Masterpiece theatre pieces. I loved their adaptaition of Anne of Green Gables.

Also, just to broader the horizon a bit more, whose to say that making an adaptation of an American comic book is out of the question? Yeah, the current batch of Marvel adaptations leaves something to be desired, but that doesnt mean the feat is impossible; all that is needed is the right comic and a studio willing to do it. Perfect example: Nextwave: Agents of HATE by Studio Gainax. Apparently several people on the production staff are fans of the comic, and it is a super violent, hilarious and over-the-top rollercoaster of a series with a robot man, a red-haired gun-toting butt-kicking heroine, a crazy manic depressant head-of military guy, and explosions gallore. Basically, what Gainax should have done when trying to make a western inspired anime.
Toucanbird

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:55 am Reply with quote
Personally, I'd love to see an anime version of Sherlock Holmes.

...and before I get the "well..." people out there putting in their two cents.

No, I don't consider Detective Conan remotely similar to Sherlock Holmes, despite Sir Arthur Conan Doyle being Shinichi's inspiration for being a detective.

Also, no, I don't consider Sherlock Hound to be the type of anime I'm looking for either. I want the anime to have PEOPLE, not DOGS.

On top of that, no, I don't consider Aria from Hidan no Aria being spoiler[Sherlock Holmes great granddaughter (as a fan of the Sherlock Holmes series, I'm still trying to figure out when and where Sherlock Holmes had a wife and kid)] to be a suitable replacement as a Sherlock Holmes series.

Also, I am aware that there was an American cartoon called Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. That is not what I'm looking for either.

What I'm looking for is an anime adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series with no gimmicks and/or spin-offs. Is that too much to ask?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3