• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
List of Summer Season 2011 TV Anime in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scormio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Luckily for me, I like moe, so I got a fair few picks to try out. I have high hopes of Ro-Kyu-Bu! and Mayo Chiki!. I already know Usagi Drop will be good, given the manga is beautiful and and its got Noitimina cred.

Last edited by Scormio on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote
cute loli's playing basket ball.. GENIUS. I will watch that, usagi drop and the detective series as well, other than that I will see who the others play out. I am more interested in the Higurashi ova and Negima, Hayate movie than anything else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
j123ready

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Shows I'm interested in and will watch:
Blood-C (Loved the original Blood+)
Dantalian no Shoka (Love the light novels)
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi (Read a bit of the manga and was pretty interesting)
Kamisama Dolls (Previews looks good)
Kami-sama no Memo-chō (Again, preview looks good)
Mayo Chiki! (Manga is hilarious!)
Sacred Seven (Looks AWESOME!, Original anime)

I will most likely not finish 70% of that but I'll give them all my best xD
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I'm going to have to do what I did with the shows in the winter season. Watch the first episodes and hopefully I'll stick with a few shows.

Also, I think Baka to Test Season 2's air date is messed up. It says June 8th instead of July 8th.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
I'm an old fuddy duddy who's just getting into watching anime online. Out of curiosity, when do sites like Crunchyroll, Funimation, Hulu, etc. generally start to announce which shows they will simulcast?

Usually about 1-2 weeks ahead for CR. Funi has varied a lot; sometimes they even announce shows a few weeks after it's started airing, and play catch-up.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Boy, I know summer is usually a much slower season but this is disappointing.

I'll watch No. 6 (although the staff credentials don't exactly fill me with enthusiasm). Still it's noitaminA and it's more of a high concept Sci-Fi which is pretty much extinct in anime these days so that's good.

Other than that...nothing. I guess I could check out Natsume Yujin Cho San now that it's got a more interesting writer. We'll see. I'll have to look into whether that's a show you can jump into in the third season or not.

Blood C looks to be all Blood+ and no TLV. Usagi Drop's manga apparently does eventually go in exactly the horrible direction I was hoping it wouldn't so that's a pass.

P.S. I may have this season's offerings but I love this feature. I hope ANN continues to do this kind of preview in the future.
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Did ANN always do summaries like this? This layout is nice! Thanks ANN.

Too bad there's nothing there for me. Moving on...
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Blood-C, No. 6 and Sacred Seven look like the only winners for me. Too much girl-centric anime for summer.
silencer226

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I guess, I'll check these out.

Kami-sama no Memo-chō
Dantalian no Shoka
Blood-C
Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Ni!

On second thought, I'll just check everything on the list out... nothing like really stands out to me and I might actually find something interesting a long the way.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Out of curiosity, when do sites like Crunchyroll, Funimation, Hulu, etc. generally start to announce which shows they will simulcast?

Crunchyroll will most likely announce something next week (either actual simulcast announcements, or a schedule of when they will be issuing announcements). Except for Fall 2010, when they announced most of their titles very early, they prefer to announce 2-3 titles per day, apparently to maximize news coverage.

Funimation is more of a wildcard. As pointed out earlier, they have sometimes announced after the series have already started. (In Fall 2010, they were so late it left many people wondering if they had ceased simulcasting of new shows). In any event, don't expect much of a gap between their announcement and the beginning of their simulcasts.

With the exception of Winter 2011, when they pulled a Funimation and announced and simulcast IS: Infinite Stratos well after it started, The Anime Network has announced their single simulcast a few days before it started. It should be noted that with the exception of their very first simulcast, all of these have been posted on Sunday, regardless of what day of the week the anime actually aired.

As for Hulu, the shows there are not licensed by them, so the originating party (Funimation, Viz, etc.) wold be the ones to look to for simulcast announcements.

Keep in mind that AX 2011 is July 1-4, so some companies (especially Funimation) could make their announcements there.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Whew, between all of that and having three shows carrying over I'm kind of glad that Last Exile isn't premiering this season after all

I'm also kind of glad Last Exile isn't premiering here either as that also hopefully means it's more likely a Fall show after it's sneak peak at Anime Expo, as that hopefully make it more likely to be a 2-cour show and after all this time we're finally getting a new Last Exile and more of that awesome setting so I'll be really glad if it's getting the full 24-26 ep treatment Smile

ikillchicken wrote:
I'll watch No. 6 (although the staff credentials don't exactly fill me with enthusiasm). Still it's noitaminA and it's more of a high concept Sci-Fi which is pretty much extinct in anime these days so that's good.

Agreed, it's really a shame.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, here's the info for Mawaru Penguindrum anyway (yoinked from a few different websites, apologizes if any of it is incorrect/how crappy the summary is). Premiers July 15th on MBS/TBS at 11pm and it appears that it will be produced by Brain Base, will be 24 episodes long.
Image 1 Image 2
Quote:
The story revolves around the lives of the 3 siblings (one sister, Himari, and two brothers, Kanba & Shoma) in the Takakura family. They appear to be connected to the penguins and people are able to "pilot" the penguins.

Trailer Trailer with animation

Staff
Director: Ikuhara Kunihiko
Original Character Design: Lily Hoshino
Animation Character Design: Terumi Nishii
Concept Design: Shouko Nakamura, Katsunori Shibata
Art Design: Akiyama Kentaro, Chieko Nakamura
Color Design: Kunio Tsujita
Music Composition: Yukari Hashimoto
Animation Production: Brain Base

Cast
Kanba Takakura: Subaru Kimura
Shoma Takakura: Ryohei Kimura
Himari Takakura: Miho Arakawa
Ringo Oginome: Marie Miyake
Special Guest Appearance: Megumi Iwasaki
giseki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote
i guess i'm the only one who'll be watching yuruyuri
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:25 am Reply with quote
Well....Kamisama Dolls and Nekogami Yaoyorozu sounds interesting (if it's not fan service)
...and I've heard good things about the Usagi Drop manga...
....probably my favorite of the season, though, will be Nyanpire The Animation....just because I love cute stuff like that....
XDDD
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Ikuhara (Utena) Kunihiko returning to anime after a decade MIA is pretty damn big news, if you ask me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8