• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's Ed & Al 'Interviewed' on Camera

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Okay now lets see funimation dub this interview slap in on a dvd and release it, just to see who'll pay for it.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:55 pm Reply with quote
bmt528i wrote:
Okay now lets see funimation dub this interview slap in on a dvd and release it, just to see who'll pay for it.

I would Anime hyper
broken-serenity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
They will most likely slap it on as an extra with the movie.
SgtMustang

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote
would def make a cool blu ray extra Wink
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
broken-serenity wrote:
They will most likely slap it on as an extra with the movie.

An extra with the movie or even an extra with DVD/Blu-Ray set #5?

It's short on episodes (at only 12 while the others have 13), so loading up on trailers for the movie would be an apropos route to take. Vic, Maxey, Caitlin, I guess Chris Sabat, and whoever the hell they use for the interviewer can pull this off in a little over a month, easy!

And if Trigun: Badlands Rumble can get a theatrical release, this will too, and be a LOT more widespread! (But why so many showings of the sub over the dub quite frankly baffles me...)
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But why so many showings of the sub over the dub quite frankly baffles me.

I could share my reasoning but it might piss you off.Funi's recast dub sucks ass.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quote
How original. A joke about how Al is mistaken for the Fullmetal Alchemist and how Ed gets angry about it.

Never seen that before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:33 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
(But why so many showings of the sub over the dub quite frankly baffles me...)

Seriously?
Emily82LenFangirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote
I only understood about 1/3 of what they were saying, but i was laughing anyways.......
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote
It's cute and funny that we get to have a one on one interview with the main stars of the film and I hope we get to see more of this in the future.

Funimation, when the movie is released, please get this extra and dub it over because I think Edward and Alphonse definitely need a long overdue interview with Hollywood!
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
It's cute and funny that we get to have a one on one interview with the main stars of the film and I hope we get to see more of this in the future.

Funimation, when the movie is released, please get this extra and dub it over because I think Edward and Alphonse definitely need a long overdue interview with Hollywood!

No! Not Hollywood! Anything but Hollywood! Wink

Can you even imagine a live-action Hollywood retelling of FMA? On the one hand, the story has a fantastical, but for the most part, Western based setting. On the other hand, it has a complicated plot with character development and depth! Hollywood can't handle that. They'd probably just make Ed emo and Al a robot.

A robot that can blow things up... (Hey, does anyone know where I can send a script outline to Michael Bay? Twisted Evil )
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:18 am Reply with quote
@Agent355

I was only being humorous! Besides, I was talking about the idea that when anime movies based off long running/popular anime/manga franchises come out, they should take it all the way and make fun interviews with the main cast of characters and asking them their personal feelings on what was it like working in the movie, their relationships with the other characters, and so forth.

When was the last time we ever get to see our favorite characters being interviewed about what shows/movies they are involved in? This small featurette is the first time I ever saw something like this.

As for FMA going Hollywood, I am intrigued and interested to see how it will work because FMA has a great story and a huge great cast of characters that all audiences should see but knowing Hollywood, the chances of it being screwed up is pretty high! Plus, I don't think Michael Bay will interested in doing FMA since it's set in an alternate past and not in the present or even future. Knowing Transformers, maybe he'll go for the mecha genre instead. Can you imagine what he will do to Code Geass? Lelouch will become more of a pimp than he already is!
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
The idea of a Hollywood blockbuster Code Geass is hysterical! It has tons of guns, robots and explosions, so it'll fit right in!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1