• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rave Master and One Piece in UK

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I cant wait for Rave Master! Ill probaly watch One Piece too, despite it been worked on by 4kids.
BTW adult swim is still in the works for the UK, at least thats what Toonami told me when i emailed them a couple of days ago
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Yes it's about time Turner Broadcasting UK started spending some money and getting some better titles in. I understand Dual Masters is supposed to be large in Japan. To me it's just another 27 minute promo for another monster related card game. Just the same-old, same-old. Rolling Eyes And Ultimate Muscle? Just another vehicle for lame toilet humour. Literally ultimate shyte. Still some new Teen Titans will be good.

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
elniro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Excellent stuff IanC, i'll definitely support one piece if it gets released in UK, its good stuff, although already seen first 30 eps, but they'll probably release the dub Sad
IanC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Still some new Teen Titans will be good.

Email:
Hello Ian,

The new series of Megas XLR will be shown in early 2005. We also have two brand new series called Rave Master and One Piece launching in 2005. Plus there are new series of Pokemon and Beyblade starting in January and Teen Titans in February.
We are still looking into the licensing for the adult swim block, we hope to be able to show it soon.

Thank you for your email,

Toonami

More Megas and Teen Titans, plus some new anime makes me very happy
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:48 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
I can't wait for Rave Master!

Oh yes you can. Believe me, even when it shows up, you'll want to wait for the "real" Groove Adventure Rave to show up. There have been only three animes where I have said "This looks really bad" and actually stopped watching: Duel Masters, Kikou Sennyo Rouran, and Rave Master (Granted, I only saw about 1 1/4 episodes of the latter, but that was enough)
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Well I welcome new anime on Toonami, but where on earth is Gundam Seed? One Piece and GA Rave will be a nice change from constant Poke clones and DBZ reruns.

Big problem is still there are no real anime with bite. I'm tired of watching series that are clearly pushng crap product at kids. (won't include Gundam here)

Think the only real way to get what you want is to email and request it. You'd be surprised, it might help them known what we really wanna see. I pray they sort out the Adult Swim biz soon though.

Anyone for a Full Metal Alchemist request email campaign?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bluechibi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Damnit, just when I cancelled Sky . Are these two animes good or like kids animes similar to what we have now in the UK?
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:04 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
IanC wrote:
I can't wait for Rave Master!

Oh yes you can.

I've already seen the first 4 episodes of Rave master and i enjoyed it. So im looking forward to seeing more of it

Last edited by IanC on Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:12 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

This is a tad off-topic, but did Cartoon Network cut you guys off with three episodes to go in the season like they did us, or are they showing all of season three over there? I really wish CN USA would stop doing that and let us see the seasonal arcs of Teen Titans the way the producers intended...grrr.

As bad as the dub of Rave Master is, it's a masterpiece compared to the atrocity that is the One Piece dub. Let FUNimation hear my plea: If you guys can do uncut Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King, surley you can give us uncut One Piece! Please?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

This is a tad off-topic, but did Cartoon Network cut you guys off with three episodes to go in the season like they did us, or are they showing all of season three over there?
We got as far as the one where, spoiler[Terra gets her conscience back sadly too late.]
elniro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:12 am Reply with quote
bluechibi wrote:
Damnit, just when I cancelled Sky . Are these two animes good or like kids animes similar to what we have now in the UK?

one piece is a bit kiddy (people get shot and stabbed badly but they all seem to survive and a few times they don't even bleed), but it is GOOD nonetheless, it's fun to watch
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Apparently 4Kids is already cutting "emotional scenes" out of One Piece and splicing episodes together. It is NOT the same show.

Onizuka666 wrote:
Anyone for a Full Metal Alchemist request email campaign?

I'd support it.
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Finally... new anime in the UK!

After Sci-Fi stopped showing anime late night I got pretty upset... having to rely on Toonami to deliver me some good ole' Dragonball GT @ 1:30am in the morning Rolling Eyes.

Forget adult swim... they should just dedicate a new channel completely to anime (like Toonami use to be).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1