• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Sound Woes for Stand Alone Complex

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Really, a good solution to this is not to even use DTS since Bandai doesn't seem to have the proper equipment to encode DTS audio.

Although I bought the 1st DVD regular edition 5.1 DD in July 30, 2004, I didn't buy the Special edition because I didn't see the purpose of having two discs with duplicate episodes, even if one disc was 5.1 DTS and the other was 5.1 DD, and at $35 for both. Its just better to buy the regular edition and save $10. I also haven't been buying the other volumes due to these issues.

I am also going to wait and buy the rest of the DVD's once they resolve the issues. I plan on buying the rest starting in March 2005.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Awesome series, just minor glitches and stuff. If the fourth disc has problem, I wonder how much can the die-hard Ghost in the Shell Fan take.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:56 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Really, a good solution to this is not to even use DTS since Bandai doesn't seem to have the proper equipment to encode DTS audio.

Although it has a few bugs, I listened to the DTS version and it sounds excellent. They really made good use of the directional sound. Relatively insignificant bugs aside, if you have the opportunity, I'd suggest getting the DTS version.

-t
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:39 am Reply with quote
I swear this release is cursed.

Every Volume so far something has gone wrong.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:04 am Reply with quote
Just buy the regular edition and there's no need to worry.

Who with poor spelling edited my post?

Last edited by kusanagi-sama on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
logboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:20 pm Reply with quote
i contacted bandai this week cos there been no word on the replacements for V2 discs...

their reply said the replacements had been made and delivered 3 weeks later than expected : and were messed up again. so : keep waiting!...
DeSo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I hope these rampant strings of errors don't drive away domestic buyers from getting the series, the R2s i own are superbly done..was considering getting the R1s but it kinda scared me away after reading about the errors.

Even though you can get them fixed, no one wants to buy something that entails having to do some sorta work of some kind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Just buy the regular edition and you won't have anything to worry about.
hikura

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Not that i am complaining but you think with bandai and manga entertainment that they would get their act together.They produce thousands of videos for each series.I mean to constantly have the same problem with the same series.You think they would have a little more constance with their dvd's.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:56 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Just the special edition muct be cursed. The regular edition is fine. Buy the regular edition and there's no need to worry.

Except with vol 2, you might get a DTS version instead of the regular edition... either way you look at it, they are having more than their share of problems with this series being released.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1