• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases: June 26-July 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I'll be getting both Galaxy 999 discs, The Betrayal Knows My Name Omnibus , and hopefully the Gundam PS3 game. Expensive week.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the Strawberry Panic omnibus shipping this week is for the light novels, not the manga. The manga omnibus was already out last year.
SamTheNayru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:56 am Reply with quote
Bwahaha, Higurashi vol.13, Amnesia Labyrinth vol.02 and A Certain Scientific Railgun vol.01 have been in my possession for several weeks now.
The place where I pre-ordered it sends most of its products incredibly early, I love it.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:46 am Reply with quote
Huh, I've had Soul Eater for at least two weeks. I'm going to pick up Higurashi & Amnesia Labyrinth when I get a chance. Though I'm still a volume or two behind with Higurashi, I want to collect all the volumes in an arc before I read them.

Are A Certain Scientific Railgun and Strawberry Panic any good? Might look into those titles.
Gundam0084

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:09 am Reply with quote
Galaxy Express! Yes! After YEARS of waiting, the movies are back again!
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote
A few months ago, when I was reviving my active interest in anime, I started wanting to relive some of my halcyon Saturdays spent watching it on The Sci-Fi Channel, as it was known before a bunch of TESL students took its marketing department over, and Galaxy Express 999 immediately leapt to mind as one of my favorites from back then. I was on the verge of paying too much for an old videocassette copy, which would have been problematical as I haven't had a VCR handy for a while, when I noticed the news that Discotek had licensed it, as well as its sequel, replete with the English language version that I had so loved back then. I damned near went through the roof.

I am so very definitely going to buy those films.

I'm interested in the new release of Magical Witch Punie-chan too. I've seen a little of it and it looks like some deliciously uncomfortable fun, now with an English version for we godless heathens (at presently available for a pretty good price from Right Stuf).

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 am Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
Are A Certain Scientific Railgun and Strawberry Panic any good? Might look into those titles.

Strawberry Panic is fluffy yuri fun. Slight problem with the manga omnibus is that the manga was never completed, so it ends on a cliffhanger. No such problem with the light novel omnibus.
gwdone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote
I sure wish someone would get the rights to the balance of the When They Cry series anime. I'm almost begging even.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Sewingrose wrote:

Strawberry Panic is fluffy yuri fun. Slight problem with the manga omnibus is that the manga was never completed, so it ends on a cliffhanger. No such problem with the light novel omnibus.

Oh, then I should get the Light Novel one then if I do pick it up. Thanks for the tip.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Amazon just confirmed both the Rideback and High School of the Dead sets have shipped and I should get it by Thursday. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1