• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Removed Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi Preview Updated, Reposted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
that's strike two you-tube, keep it up and I will take my business else where.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
slightly shorter than the first version and some scenes had been edited out.

"edited" is an understatement. All of the fanservice was completely removed. It actually creates the wrong expectations if you were not already familiar with the show.

I guess it's hard to avoid youtube nowadays unfortunately
toyNN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Either way its all great pub for the show.... Have to lol at their "we can't deliver the show unedited for broadcast so please buy the disks for the full version" - that formula won't ever fail....to generate sales.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote
YouTube has been really strict lately. While I'm pleased that they're Terms of Service are not just for show it seems like they're removing things for completely arbitrary reasons. I mean, couldn't they just mark the video as "mature content" like they usually do?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Leon Evolon wrote:
YouTube has been really strict lately. While I'm pleased that they're Terms of Service are not just for show it seems like they're removing things for completely arbitrary reasons. I mean, couldn't they just mark the video as "mature content" like they usually do?

their site, they can run it any way they choose hence the reason why i said strike two. If they keep this up I will go to some other site for watching previews or ddl them myself. If youtube want's to censor that's there right but it's my right to take my business elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote
Leon Evolon wrote:

They could, and anybody who wants to view it would have to sign in, but that's probably why the Japanese studio may not want the advertisement limited that way.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote
Leon Evolon wrote:

Normal users do not have the ability to do that. You have to be a partner in order to get that kind of exception to the regular ToS (because they prescreen the content), but that would also put a hard 18+ age gate on access, which is ridiculous; as opposed to an advisory-only interstitial system like they do at blogger (the only google owned site to have such system btw)

In contrast, for other video sites like vimeo, the ToS explicitly states to expect mature material and punts the responsibility back to the user; you can't even flag videos there
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
Kind of off-topic but: It's the H20 ~Footprints in the Sand~ "ROCK YOUR SOUL" English narrator guy!! Awww yeah!!! Very Happy
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote
Looks like that guy from Gundam Seed decided to star elsewhere since he lost the spotlight in Destiny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1